• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale 2019 Z3 CHROME GEARSHIFT SURROUND TRIM.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
Hi Tony
Jack says he has fitted the same surround to both as he has both so sounds good to me
I haven't fitted the same surround Geoff, I said that I have both cars and that as far as I'm concerned the centre consoles are identical.

I'll take a couple of photos when I get home this weekend

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Tony
Jack says he has fitted the same surround to both as he has both so sounds good to me
You should read Garry's post again Geoff. Im not saying they're not a good item or they won't fit, I'm simply saying buy it on condition it doesn't fit it can be returned. It was Barry himself who told me it would not fit an Auto.

Tony.

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
Sorry chaps yes i miss read what Jack had said,
I haven't fitted the same surround Geoff, I said that I have both cars and that as far as I'm concerned the centre consoles are identical.

Thanks Jack. Geoff

Southernboy

Zorg Guru (II)
3rd Party Trader
I think the concern i have with the Auto shift is the movement. Because there is so little space ( 1 - 2mm) between the window switch cutouts and the gearshift cut out on the console, it means the trim literally has to mostly take up space on the inner side of the gearshift hole. This might be an issue on the Auto shifter - I just can't say 100% if that is so. Also, the Auto doesn't have a leather boot if I recall - that might impact the fitting too.
Sorry I can't be more knowledgeable on the issue, but never come across an Auto here in SA.

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
I think the concern i have with the Auto shift is the movement. Because there is so little space ( 1 - 2mm) between the window switch cutouts and the gearshift cut out on the console, it means the trim literally has to mostly take up space on the inner side of the gearshift hole. This might be an issue on the Auto shifter - I just can't say 100% if that is so. Also, the Auto doesn't have a leather boot if I recall - that might impact the fitting too.
Sorry I can't be more knowledgeable on the issue, but never come across an Auto here in SA.
Hi Barry
Thanks for this Jack is sending pics over the weekend that may or maybe not help further. Geoff

Southernboy

Zorg Guru (II)
3rd Party Trader
I'd like to see the OEM part removed from the console - top and bottom view would help - thanks Geoff

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0

Hi Jack
I am sure that you had other things on and this is not urgent but if you can send pics when you have a mo that would be good. How easy would it be to get pics like Barry would like ? a big dismantle job ? if so forget, Thanks Geoff

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Hi Jack
I am sure that you had other things on and this is not urgent but if you can send pics when you have a mo that would be good. How easy would it be to get pics like Barry would like ? a big dismantle job ? if so forget, Thanks Geoff
Geoff I've forgot all about it to be honest. I'm home today so I'll do it later. I'm having a new floor laid that will be finished this morning so I'll do it when they're done

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
Geoff I've forgot all about it to be honest. I'm home today so I'll do it later. I'm having a new floor laid that will be finished this morning so I'll do it when they're done
Thats great Jack but no rush.
Trying to sort out why my boot used to lock on remote and now only unlocks. Stripped back sheath and no obvious breaks and all wires seem on lock so I surpose only thing left to check is to use a multy meter on wires Geoff

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Geiff, remove the catch and make sure its well lubricated as sometimes the solenoid has more power in one direction than the other. Worth a look.

Tony.

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
Geiff, remove the catch and make sure its well lubricated as sometimes the solenoid has more power in one direction than the other. Worth a look.

Tony.
Hi Tony
All wires tested and in working order. removed actuator or is it called a solenoid tested that and only working in one direction so will find a replacement.

Thanks

Geoff

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
Hi Jack

Both of my cars are pre facelift and the centre consoles are identical....... however, although the aperture where the gear lever sits is the same at 160mm long x 135mm wide, the auto select mode is very close to the edge of the aperture as you can see in the first photo. The distance from the aperture to the window switch is the same for both auto and manual.

IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
I'd like to see the OEM part removed from the console - top and bottom view would help - thanks Geoff
Both of my cars are pre facelift and the centre consoles are identical....... however, although the aperture where the gear lever sits is the same at 160mm long x 135mm wide, the auto select mode is very close to the edge of the aperture as you can see in the first photo. The distance from the aperture to the window switch is the same for both auto and manual.

View attachment 107695

View attachment 107697
Hi Barry
I hope the pics from Jack help ?

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0

View attachment 107695

View attachment 107697
Thanks Jack I await Barry’s comments

Southernboy

Zorg Guru (II)
3rd Party Trader
That's what I was afraid of. The chrome surround wont allow the OEM plastic fitting to be re-fitted. The Chrome trim is 12mm wide, and 11mm of that are on the inner side of the console hole. It would mean the auto trim would be under the chrome trim - just can't be.
Sorry guys.

Southernboy

Zorg Guru (II)
3rd Party Trader
The problem would be erased if it weren't for the window switches. There would be no restriction to go outside the plastic cover for the Auto shifter.

Geoff Crispin

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 1.9 & 3.0
Hi Barry
Ok thanks for taking the time to check this out very much appreciated

Geoff
The problem would be erased if it weren't for the window switches. There would be no restriction to go outside the plastic cover for the Auto shifter.
i

WEZ1963

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Sport
Hi, can I order one for my Z3 M? Does it come with the screws that go in the chrome frame?
This Thread is almost 4 years old and to my knowledge, Southernboy hasn’t been on here for some time. 🤔