18 inch wheels on z3

JAMZILLA321

British Zeds
I have an opportunity now to buy 18 inch style 32 (et47, 8j) wheels for my z3, would they fit without rubbing (and what tyres should I get) - my current wheel size is 16 inches and 225/50

Stevo7682

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 Individual Dakar / Orinoco Individual
Square set style 32 with 47mm offset should fit just fine tyre size to run would be a 225/45/17.
Stephen.

JAMZILLA321

British Zeds
Square set style 32 with 47mm offset should fit just fine tyre size to run would be a 225/45/17.
Stephen.
Did you mean 18? Also I think they are square set and would they sit flush with the fender because I am going from 7j to 8j I am hoping to fill up the massive gap in the rear and I hope they don’t stick out at the front

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
I am just saying that bigger wheels and tyres are heavier, result a very stiff ride and due to low profile of the tyre are more prone to damage. Maybe you have to consider these facts as also the expense of repairs or normal replacement that is a lot higher than the 16 ones. Cheers

as400

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
Model of Z
2.8 Widebody

ExMX5owner

Staff member
Global Moderator
Supporter
Australian Zeds
Model of Z
99 2.0
I run 20"s on mine, no problem on most roads lots of fun, but bad roads, you know about it...
295/30 rear and 265/35 front. offsets I,m not sure about. It,s the way I got it. I also like the look, and since its just a Sunday drive it suits.
I,m in trouble if I ever get a flat though...:(

Last edited:

DeanB

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I run 18's on mine and they are fine 255/35 R18 on the rear and 225/40 R18 on the front. Just looking to re-boot the car ... does anyone have any recommendations for suitable tyre brands?

DeanB

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Around here there's plenty that would vote for Avon ZV7s. Any good quality tyre will probably do, it does seem that these Z3s can be fussy about having mis-matched tyres.
Ok super - appreciate the quick feedback

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
Around here there's plenty that would vote for Avon ZV7s. Any good quality tyre will probably do, it does seem that these Z3s can be fussy about having mis-matched tyres.
+1

I just fitted the Avon ZV7s and am very happy with them. Transformed the ride (however that may have been more to do with the ditchfinder XLs I was running before)

DeanB

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
+1

I just fitted the Avon ZV7s and am very happy with them. Transformed the ride (however that may have been more to do with the ditchfinder XLs I was running before)
Thanks John - I'm going for the Avons then.

Delk

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 real widebody
I had Goodyears originally and hated them. It is a boy racer car and now have Michelin PS and love them.

The Misses car is more of a daily. It's running Uniroyals with Sharkskin technology. No clue what sharks have to do with driving but they are a good all around and do really well in the wet.

DeanB

British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
ok thanks all - have booked it in tomorrow for some Avon ZV7's