Write Up ZRoadster.org at Santa Pod 2014

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
You do not know how much I wished I was there. Drag racing is by far my favorite and to have had a day out with fellow forum members would have made it even more memorable. Thanks for all the coverage. I appreciate all of it. JIM

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Good to see members of the forum involved in this but people say that F1 is boring, please Jim.
Oh, I forgot, our cousins cars can only go in straight lines..........;)

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
A straight line is the shortest way between two points, why waste all that time to determine the fastest car when in a matter of seconds it can be accomplished?? JIM

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
That's where you pay in advance is it not and we're off topic. The coverage was great by everyone so far and I look forward to seeing more. JIM

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
@swamper did i here rumors that your M's gearbox only came with 1st,2nd and 5th gear box setup? =))

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
Thank you for such a great day.. Had a bit of fun getting to the Tesco's too, but thats another story. Just very happy to have met a few like minded Z owners.

Looking forward to the next bit of fun. :)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
Yeah. .I was having problems finding the right hole...over enthusiastic....!!! Haha
But at least it was down to me and not the car...and won the last 3 runs....nailing the M3 was a bit special. ..great way to spend a weekend..with your mates and a track...!!

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Just a few photos of some of the other cars there. these always make me smile.

The B still has it's original dashboard as well.

Old style slingshot which had a good run with 177mph speed at the end of the 1/4 mile and I think 8.7 secs ET.
Who fancies sitting on top of a differential at those spreeds?

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Just a few photos of some of the other cars there. these always make me smile.

The B still has it's original dashboard as well.

Old style slingshot which had a good run with 177mph speed at the end of the 1/4 mile and I think 8.7 secs ET.
Who fancies sitting on top of a differential at those spreeds?

Me!!

Rootz

Massive thanks to Tony for organising Santa Pod......its my favourite event of the year......from leaving home Saturday we enjoyed a gentle drive (waynes gentle is different to mine haha) through Derbyshire before hitting the M1......on arrival of meeting all you wonderful people the beers were flowing nicely along with the company......a few hours beauty sleep and then up raring to go.......big smiles on our faces cause Wayne and I couldn't wait to get on that strip :) after Waynes wrong entry issues (gears) we giggled as we watched the car we was up against vanish through my wing mirror.....the Jet car was amazing but the feeling like my head and ears were going to burst was painful......all in all a fantastic weekend with great people......was nice seeing you all and I look forward to seeing you all again very soon :)

yocky z3 2.0

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 roadster
Did you practice finding the right hole when you got home Wayne hope its a bit easyer this morning with a bit of practice,Gary received a trophy and a free remap from thornley Motorsport for winning the zed category best time 13.85 sec and 102.6 mph great day and great company cheers tony.

Rootz

He has had more than enough practice Tony but after Sundays events I think he needs more haha
Well done Gary :)