ZimZimmer 2001 Black 2.2 Roadster

ZimZimmer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
Gave the car her weekly wash yesterday.
I love spending time detailing my own car on a bank holiday morning. Gave the enginebay its first cleandown and also the door and boot shuts.

Today the Mrs took the kids to the pictures and rather than spend an afternoon watching a kids film I decided to go for a cheeky bit of top down fun. :D

One of the reasons I bought the Zed was the roads here in the NI countryside really lend themselves to driving such a car. :coolsteer)

Stopped a couple of times to take the obligatory pics :snaphappy:
IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

IMG_1641.JPG
IMG_1643.JPG

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Looking very nice mate, top job.

Tony.

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Your car is looking very well! Where about in NI are you (approx)?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Of course. Not sure how many members in NI - maybe @GazHyde could help with the stats?
The user map is showing just 6 and one more just over in Donegal.
Click Members and the User Map.
Might be others who haven't declared a location. :thumbsup:

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Might be others who haven't declared a location.
Yeah that's the issue, and also that you can put anything in that field and Google will try and locate it. If you mistype, or put something generic in there it's not able to display on the map. I can do a database dump of that field, but I'd have to read each one to verify where it is which would take a while...

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Yeah that's the issue, and also that you can put anything in that field and Google will try and locate it. If you mistype, or put something generic in there it's not able to display on the map. I can do a database dump of that field, but I'd have to read each one to verify where it is which would take a while...
No @GazHyde - no need to be doing that - if NI members are interested in a get together they will show at some point if a request goes out through the Forum from me or someone else - cheers.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
Go on then. But, be quick =))

5harp3y

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
such a nice zed, chrome stone guards are a bit much for me but lovely overall

ZimZimmer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
such a nice zed, chrome stone guards are a bit much for me but lovely overall
I wasn't sure myself about them at first but after they've been on a few days it dose t look right without them.
I'm toying with the idea of shadow chrome for all chrome parts and the wheels.
This will be after I've done some mechanical stuff tho, I think it could do with new shocks and bushings all round. Need to get saving.

ZimZimmer

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
Not much happening on the mod front atm but was a nice day so decided to go over the car again with the compound & polish.

Tried Meguiars M101 Foam cut compound as it's a bit more aggressive than the M105 as I had some scratches to remove.
I'm pleased to say I have about 95% correction now :)
Followed that with some Britemax BlackMax polish/glaze to give that 'wet look' shine.
Topped that with a coat of Naviwax dark to seal and protect, and I'm pleased with the results.

IMG_1717.JPG

Also found someone to do a full wheel refurb at a very good price so hopefully I can get the 78s done in a week or so.