Status
Not open for further replies.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Won't be long before the 24th, Guys. The BMWCCGB has restricted us to 5 cars now, we will catch up with Matt (BMWCCGB area rep) to find out where we are meeting up and put it on the first post of the thread.:)
Mike & Sandy

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Ok Mike & Sandy ;)
Looking forward to another fantastic day with the EAC :)

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Tickets are sold out.

See you at Santa pod
That's a shame, but It doesn't surprise me, Mark. The amount of interest in all the various events the Lancs are attending, they are closing the roads around some of them, but I didn't think that the public would be affected at Lt Gransden, because it has a huge parking field!

See you soon

Mike & Sandy

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
We have just received this PM from Bill (Zedcarer) having asked him was it public tickets that had sold out!

Yes it is for the public tickets. Little Grandsden sell advance tickets but apparently in previous years there have been plenty of unsold tickets that could be bought at the gate on the day of the show, all the VIP tickets sold out sometime ago. The warning that they issued by Little Gransden was that all the tickets could be sold before the 24th and that would mean no tickets would be available on the day. Sywell and a few other shows have already sold out, last week an additional show at Biggin Hill was announced and it sold out in less than 24 hours!

It doesn't surprise us, as the list of events for these iconic planes in August & September is exhaustive!! Everyone wants to get a slice of the cake as far as the two Lancasters are concerned, unfortunately now too late, it seems.

Mike & Sandy

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
We have just received this PM from Bill (Zedcarer) having asked him was it public tickets that had sold out!

Yes it is for the public tickets. Little Grandsden sell advance tickets but apparently in previous years there have been plenty of unsold tickets that could be bought at the gate on the day of the show, all the VIP tickets sold out sometime ago. The warning that they issued by Little Gransden was that all the tickets could be sold before the 24th and that would mean no tickets would be available on the day. Sywell and a few other shows have already sold out, last week an additional show at Biggin Hill was announced and it sold out in less than 24 hours!

It doesn't surprise us, as the list of events for these iconic planes in August & September is exhaustive!! Everyone wants to get a slice of the cake as far as the two Lancasters are concerned, unfortunately now too late, it seems.

Mike & Sandy
Did you check my post re. BBMF last night? I don't know if there are other opportunities to see these aircraft elsewhere maybe?

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Yes, we did Tony. Thank you, but it made me realise that I needed some new glasses!! That was why I mentioned that the list of events was exhaustive. Their visit seems to be the highlight of the year, but Bill says that most of them are sold out!!! Obviously an occasion not to be missed.
Mike & Sandy

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Not sure it's your eyes tbh. I did find if you save the picture and view it in your media player you can "blow it up " to make the detail easier to read.
My nearest is at Waddo is on a first come first served basis I understand. You're right that there's huge interest in this. A few years ago we watched the 2nd to last Shuttle launch in Florida, we saw that as a piece of history albeit not on the scale of these, but it was very packed where we stopped to watch. I hope you both enjoy if you get to see it.
Cheers, Tony.:)

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Ages ago the BMWCC guys told us that the display entries were limited, Tony, we asked for 8, but only got 5, which was lucky because Zed carer, (5th in line) had booked a hotel for the weekend! Now all we need is for the sun to shine!:cool:
M & S

Last edited:

Zed Carer

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
If anyone is close to Coningsby the 2 Lancasters, a Spitfire and a Hurricane that are currently at the Eastbourne Airshow (based at Biggin Hill) return to Coningsby via Southend tomorrow (17th) and are due to land at 17:40, the Dakota is due to return earler at 16:30.

Link Here.

Zed Carer

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Just found out that due to the high winds forecast for Sunday the Lancasters, Spitfire and Hurricane will not be at Eastbourne tomorrow (Sunday) and have returned to Coningsby this evening (Saturday). I missed seeing "Vera" on the 8th on her final leg to Coningsby when they changed the route (I was waiting in the Lincolnshire Showground) and I was going to go to Coningsby tomorrow - hopefully Little Gransden will be 3rd time lucky

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Just found out that due to the high winds forecast for Sunday the Lancasters, Spitfire and Hurricane will not be at Eastbourne tomorrow (Sunday) and have returned to Coningsby this evening (Saturday). I missed seeing "Vera" on the 8th on her final leg to Coningsby when they changed the route (I was waiting in the Lincolnshire Showground) and I was going to go to Coningsby tomorrow - hopefully Little Gransden will be 3rd time lucky

Yes, Bill, we hope so too. Very sorry that Liam, (Z3cade) Mark (Badman gee) & Tony (Yocky) have not managed to get tickets, any other year it would have been fine.
Mike & Sandy

yocky z3 2.0

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0 roadster
Not to worry mike would have been nice to meet up with everyone again hope the weather is good and you all have good day will catch up with mark at santapod cheers tony.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Have just received this email from Matt, BMWCC, it shows the arrangements, which are roughly the same as last year!!

Hi All
I'm pleased to say everyone has confirmed attendance, and the whole show is now completely sold out. So all we need is some clear weather for a great day and the historic sight of two Lancasters flying in tandem.
Meeting point will be the same as previous years - the car park of the Duncombe Arms in Waresley - drive through Waresley and you cannot miss it.
http://www.theduncombearmswaresley.com/Map.html
The show will be very busy this year and they wont allow late arrivals or early departures. So I suggest we meet at 8.30 for a 8.45am depart from the pub. The gate opens at 9am, If you are late, please call me on 07973 986525 and I will leave your pass on the door of the show - we will not wait for late arrivals, as there could be a long queue to get in.
All the best, see you Sunday
Matt

This will be great day, guys, but we think layers might be necessary, so you may need to wrap up. Bring your own picnic and we will bring Ol' Whistler, milk & teabags. Don't forget your mugs and chairs!!!

Mike & Sandy

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Hi all you plane spotters!!! Is everyone okay with the arrangements for meeting up at the Duncombe Arms in Waresley at 8.30am on Sunday., Unlike other years, when we have time for a chat, we must be prompt in leaving the pub for the airfield, as there will possibly be quite a queue to get in!
See you all on Sunday.
Mike & Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.