Event ZEDfest (North West) 2024

WEZ1963

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Sport
ZEDfest 2024

Good afternoon everyone.

As most of you will know, the 2023 ZEDfest was potentially the last one to be held at its current location (Shepshed). 😥

It’s not my place to go into the “why’s and wherefore’s” as the owners are doing a sterling job in fighting a much bigger and wider battle well beyond ZEDfest. 💪

However since hearing of its potential demise, I’ve been in contact with the owners and have reached an agreement for me to run a ZEDfest (North) 2024 Event! 🎉

The key word here is “North” as the location will be in Merseyside, not the Midlands. This doesn’t mean that only “Northerners” can attend! 😂 As with the original event, exhibitors from anywhere are welcome provided you’re driving a Z1, Z3, Z4 or Z8. Likewise, visitors are welcome from everywhere! 😎

The provisional date is set for;

SUNDAY 18th AUGUST 2024

This date will be confirmed in the next week.

The location postcode is; WA11 8AE.

More details will follow in the next few days but I just wanted to make people aware that ZEDfest is still alive and kicking. 👍

Attachments

MuttyMax

Zorg Legend
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44 and 2.8
Great news matey .. in the diary already

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
23i
You're 250 miles from Bournemouth but 370 miles from Inverness so the North nomenclature is always going to be contentious - well done on reaching an agreement to persist the event for 2024 but I'd drop the Northern reference in favour of West or better still 'Not Shepshed' :thumbsup:

Last edited:

WEZ1963

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Sport
You're 250 miles from Bournemouth but 370 miles from Inverness so the North nomenclature is always going to be contentious - well done on reaching an agreement to persist the event for 2024 but I'd drop the Northern reference in favour of West or better still 'Not Shepshed' :thumbsup:
Appreciate the comments and agree about the “North” nomenclature however that was what the original organisers wanted it be known as in order to differentiate it from the Shepshed event.

Personally I don’t care what it’s called so long as it goes ahead and is successful. 😂👍

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
That's Weatherfield Ken. How about Zedfest Scouse? ;)

Tony.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Lancashire hot pot, not just 'Weatherfield' ! Don't think folk in St Helens would like being called scousers. 😂 Joking aside, does it need a regional name? It wasn't called 'Midlands' Zedfest, just Zedfest. Perhaps just 'New Zedfest'.

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
23i
Based on what @WEZ1963 said the name has been imposed by the previous organisers - sounds like he couldnt give a toss what it's called as long as it happens so fair play to him.

We all know what it's like with this type of event - everyone expresses an interest and want's to attend but nobody want's the hassle of arranging. As a result anyone that does get's maximum respect from me :thumbsup:

WEZ1963

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Sport
Following feedback both on here and FB, going forwards the event will be titled ZEDfest (North West).

Still open to all regardless of location, I felt it would help to clarify the new location. 👍

Also, just wanted to say a massive “Thank You” for all the initial support and kind words. 🙏 Let’s make this the best one yet! 💪

WEZ1963

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Sport
Lancashire hot pot, not just 'Weatherfield' ! Don't think folk in St Helens would like being called scousers. 😂 Joking aside, does it need a regional name? It wasn't called 'Midlands' Zedfest, just Zedfest. Perhaps just 'New Zedfest'.
You’re right about being called scousers but I’m married into a scouse family so it’s a moot point for me! 😂

Daz7401

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Auto
Looking forward to it. Booked the Mercure Haydock Hotel for Saturday night.

Pond

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 project and E89 Z4
It would be good to put this on the Z4 forum, as many from there went to Zedfest regularly. A lot of members are not on Facebook groups.
I am happy to put it up on the forum but not sure whether I should put a link in to here.

what are the thoughts?

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
It would be good to put this on the Z4 forum, as many from there went to Zedfest regularly. A lot of members are not on Facebook groups.
I am happy to put it up on the forum but not sure whether I should put a link in to here.

what are the thoughts?
The more the better for me.

WEZ1963

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 Sport

what are the thoughts?
I’ve just registered on the Z4 Forum so will have a look at best Section to post in. 👍

B21

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 35is
I’ve just registered on the Z4 Forum so will have a look at best Section to post in. 👍
There’s a section called meets/events/trips..

Imho best to give it a good opening shot with good detail..obviously a long way to go yet..

toggle on the alerts so you can respond..

best to keep refreshing it once a month as there are so many events there it will get rapidlly buried..