P1410585.JPG
P1410587.JPG
P1410588.JPG
P1410594.JPG
P1410602.JPG
P1410604.JPG
P1410607.JPG

After a number of conversations with @NODZED - Niall
We decided to change my oils for the Diff and Gear Box today.

So I was up and out the door at 6.30 for the 1 1/2 hour drive to the Zed Shed - Oil Change Division.

Naturally as a non mechanical type of guy I supervised.
( Got in the way taking photo's )

While I was there Niall was good enough to change my steering wheel so I can send mine away to be recovered.

By 10.30 all jobs completed tools away for a cruise round Wales heading for the Red Kite Cafe 10miles out of Aberystwyth for lunch.

With a few of our cruise

On the way back I took a wrong turn and decided to head for home as time was getting on and Niall blasted away up a hill.

It wasn't till later I found out Niall had pulled over to wait for me pulling over on a gravel layby only to get a flat followed by a taxi home on the back of a flat bed.

I would like to thank Niall for his help in making my oil change possible and apologies for not being there when he needed me. If his still speaking to me.
P1410609.JPG
P1410620.JPG
P1410622.JPG
P1410623.JPG
P1410624.JPG
P1410627.JPG

Last edited:

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Sounds as though you both had great day Steve apart from Niall getting a puncture :rolleyes:......but these things happen unfortunately.
Any difference in how your zed feels with fresh oil in the transmission?

Steve

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The gear box is sweet Steve, it was clunky and miles better. thanks to Niall

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
I'm home only 5 hours later :sour: it was an exhaust bracket bolt with the nut still on that did the damage, tyres FUBAR :( @Low Rider nothing you could have done mate, I had bottles of water in the boot, fags and I even had time to fix my glove box latch using only the BMW tools in the boot, so the day end wasn't a complete disaster. :meh:

Great day with loads done (other than the tyre :thumbsup:)

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)

Shelly

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 2.0 20i M Sport sDrive
Great write up :p
Looks like a great day was had for both of you :)

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Looks like a job well done its on my list for sure.
They all have to be due now i know they say its oil for life but you wouldn't leave engine oil in for very long covering mileage.
Can i ask do you have to remove anything from the underside gearbox end to get to it and is there a drain and a fill like on the diff ?

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
Looks like a productive day out! Looking forward to seeing your re-trimmed wheel...

Low Rider

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Looks like a productive day out! Looking forward to seeing your re-trimmed wheel...
Last job of the day with my brothers help was to remove the bolts from one wheel with no broken bolts.
Tomorrow its the turn of the other three

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
The gear box is sweet Steve, it was clunky and miles better. thanks to Niall
That's good to know mate,I'm waiting to hear back from @oilman (Opie oils) about oil for the engine,gear box and diff to get mine done. Also asked them for a price on service items for the van and Sara's car.

Steve

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Looks like a job well done its on my list for sure.
They all have to be due now i know they say its oil for life but you wouldn't leave engine oil in for very long covering mileage.
Can i ask do you have to remove anything from the underside gearbox end to get to it and is there a drain and a fill like on the diff ?
If your car has the gearbox under tray then yes you will have to remove it (mine did, Steves didnt) and yes its an unslung drain and a side filler on the box. (bit of advice, the plugs in the gearbox are very tight, either if you dont have a good T-bar you'll need the double spanner approach or use your BMW wheel brace, perfect fit (17mm) and loads of leverage)
You will need either a volume bucket / pump or an oil syringe like I used to refill, no way to fill the gearbox with a squeeze bottle but maybe just possible on the diff.

Niall

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::rage::rage::rage::rage::(:(:(:(
WP_20160605_19_02_19_Pro.jpg
WP_20160605_19_29_58_Pro.jpg

oilman

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
That's good to know mate,I'm waiting to hear back from @oilman (Opie oils) about oil for the engine,gear box and diff to get mine done. Also asked them for a price on service items for the van and Sara's car.

Steve
Hi Steve

I think I've answered all the emails from yesterday, so you should have had a reply. If not, it's worth checking your spam box.

Cheers

Tim

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Hi Steve

I think I've answered all the emails from yesterday, so you should have had a reply. If not, it's worth checking your spam box.

Cheers

Tim
Hi @oilman Tim, not had a reply email as yet,checked the spam as well.
It was s guy called Chris , (i think)I spoke with on the phone yesterday ,told me to mark my email fao Chris.

Regards
Steve

oilman

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Hi Steve

I've just checked with Chris and he hasn't seen the email. We've checked though the inbox and can't see it. Could you resend it, to sales@opieoils.co.uk with @Tim in the subject line? That should come through directly to me. Alternatively, let us have the details on here.

Cheers

Tim

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Hi Steve

I've just checked with Chris and he hasn't seen the email. We've checked though the inbox and can't see it. Could you resend it, to sales@opieoils.co.uk with @Tim in the subject line? That should come through directly to me. Alternatively, let us have the details on here.

Cheers

Tim
ok will check I,ve sent it correctly Tim.
Thanks

Steve