Z3M wing mirrors wanted. Buy or borrow.

Anthony Cherry

Zorg Guru (I)
3rd Party Trader
I fancy using Z3M ring mirrors on my Bertini GT25 Z3 kits.
Hopefully with the aim of producing shells that can be used on standard Z3's
I have had a few problems finding where to buy them.
I have searched the forums and followed a few links to German eBay sellers. But no stock/response.
1. Does anyone have any for sale?
2. Can anyone 'rent' me a pair so I can investigate producing conversion shells?
3. Anybody know where I can find some online?
4. Does anyone know what BMW parts sell them for?
Thanks
Anthony

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
I'd go down the bmw mini route.... Much more chunky... Just a thought..

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
Not heard of that before? Do they fit the zed then?
TBH iv seen what he's done.... A few adjustments to a wing mirror is nothing compared to what he's already done... It was just a thought but he seems more than capable

Anthony Cherry

Zorg Guru (I)
3rd Party Trader
yep - the mini wing mirrors arrived.... and they are definitely not mini.....they are MASSIVE :-(
in comparison the Z3 barndoor mirrors looked tiny

i managed to pick up a pair of Z3M mirrors from ebay - cost a lot of money - but i think they will be worth it.

It might be possible to make some shells from them - but they would be fixed and would not fold in. and it would be quite a bit of work :-(

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
That's a shame, but I had a feeling they might be. You get darn good rear vision from them though!

Apart from the amount of work, I don't think people would be bothered about not folding the mirrors in. Most are too afraid to fold in case they snap off due to the usual corrosion issue :ymdevil:. Personally never tried on either of my Z3s in 4 years of ownership.

You may even find you have a ready market for them if you can make them for a reasonable price.