• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD Z3M S54 2002 PHEONIX YELLOW

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
But that's the problems with auctions leaving you unable to gauge market prices
The auction house was a well known auction house and the sale was advertised so it stood a good chance of selling well, it just did not. I certainly do not want to hijack this thread with price wars etc. in fact if you wish to clean it up by taking out my comments I do not mind (sorry @Desiro). I really, really hope this goes to an enthusiast that will drive it and use it well….IMO too many of these cars are being squirrelled away and treated as an investment.

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
We are not really sure, how much do you want to pay for it?
10k and i'll pick it up next week, it also comes with the proviso that I will drive it, I will use and I will take it to track-days :)

P.S. I know that figure will not cut the mustard but a boys gotta try ;)

('_')Z3

Zorg Addict
Supporter
It's a beautiful car and the colour that I would have as my top choice, with the seca blue ( i think that's the colour) as a close second. The mileage would probably put me off though, but on the flip side of that whilst I understand the logic of the 'garage queen' it's such a shame not to see such a beautiful car on the road on a day like this.
In a nutshell :thumbsup:if I had the money I'd snap their hand off for the sheer wow factor and rarity.

M

M666BMG

It's a beautiful car and the colour that I would have as my top choice, with the seca blue ( i think that's the colour) as a close second. The mileage would probably put me off though, but on the flip side of that whilst I understand the logic of the 'garage queen' it's such a shame not to see such a beautiful car on the road on a day like this.
In a nutshell :thumbsup:if I had the money I'd snap their hand off for the sheer wow factor and rarity.
It's less than average miles when you look at its age.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
And my car has only done 88K !!

Tony.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I don't understand the mileage issue here. A 13 year old car with 96000 on it? 7400 a year, I'm sure BMW built the car to be able to do a damn sight more mileage than that! These very low mileage cars as nice as they potentially carry a lot more problems than cars with more miles, perishing internal seals etc, the rarity of the colour will demand the higher price. My car has 92000 on and drives superbly, yes if it was a Fiat or similar I'd agree but a German car is more than capable of 200000 miles if serviced correctly. Agreed a price ought really to be in the ad tho. ;)

Last edited:

Stormy_be

Zorg Guru (II)
Belgian Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 Roadster
"the rarity of the colour will demand the higher price."
--> why are there so little in this colour.....because not everyone likes it (although I do).
Having a "special" colour has it's pro's and con's....as every thing has it's pro's and con's.
You just need to find that person who doesn't mind the con's (or for whom the con's are actually pro's).

I possible "issue" with these "special" cars (which all classics are) is that it may take some time to find such a person.
If you want to move it quickly, and you don't have that time, you might not be able to wait for that "special" buyer.

Just my personal thoughts

Regards, Koen

Desiro

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3M
Morning everyone
Sorry for not joining in with the fun yesterday, but I was just too busy organising the house move.

@Brian H Thanks for your kind offer, but I have received a better one this morning.

I'm not going to say how much. because it doesn't really matter if everyone is happy.

Just one thing.......We will still see the car on the Northern meets

Desiro

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3M
Money has exchanged hands, so its a done deal. It didn't quite reach the heady heights people were speculating, but in the end everyone was happy.

I'm certain that before long we will all know who has bought it, maybe at cars in the park on the 27th.

I'm very pleased for Dave in getting a quick sale and I'll post a pic of the Z3M's replacement......Don't laugh!

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Told you @M666BMG no more wet dreams for you mate.
Bet you think the 75 is worth a fortune as well........

:D

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
Sounds like it's in its way to a new home,
Money has exchanged hands, so its a done deal. It didn't quite reach the heady heights people were speculating, but in the end everyone was happy.

I'm certain that before long we will all know who has bought it, maybe at cars in the park on the 27th.

I'm very pleased for Dave in getting a quick sale and I'll post a pic of the Z3M's replacement......Don't laugh!

Glad to hear it, now the lucky new owner .............. own up :)

Desiro

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Z3M
So here it is! 0-60 in 17.5 seconds if he's lucky!

Half an hour with a clay bar and she will be as good as new.

wedding anyone?
2015-09-11 18.58.34.jpg

Brian H

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
E36/7 3.0i - E85 Z4///M
^^^^thats a quality hardtop fixing kit :)