Z3M exhaust on Z3 3.0?

DB_Super

I found someone selling Z3M dual exhaust and rear bumper from a 1999 S52 Z3M. I want to know if These can be put on my 2001 Z3 3.0i? I think there is a chance the bumper cover will not match the Post-facelift quarter panels, and I don't know if the midpipes will bolt up to the exhaust manifolds on the M54 3.0.

Also they had the trailing arms and rear end for the Z3M. Does that have a wider track than the 3.0 with sport suspension?

Does anyone know this?

Thanks, and if anyone already posted about this, my bad, I just joined and did a quick search.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
You would have to lose the spare wheel carrier for the exhausts but can't remember if anything else is different, battery box is central in the boot can't remember where the non Ms are.
Rear end is I believe narrower on the M so you would need the drive shafts too but not 100% what carries over and what doesn't. Bet someone here knows for sure.

Delk

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 real widebody
Battery and spare location is a major issue. The battery on the none M is on the right side making it very tight for the exhaust. The M battery is central so there was a lot more room either side.

The prevous owner trimmed the bumper cover and had an M style exhaust made that worked well but was very tight on the right side.

Pingu

Zorg Guru (III)
3rd Party Trader
I think even a free M exhaust would work out more expensive than a custom-made one.

If you can change all the way to the cylinder head and use an M manifold, that might be worth it.

versus

and that's assuming that you can make it fit.

Lee

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
I think even a free M exhaust would work out more expensive than a custom-made one.

If you can change all the way to the cylinder head and use an M manifold, that might be worth it.

versus

and that's assuming that you can make it fit.
I fitted some of these on Dino's zed. Had to cut a few webs off the gearbox. These went on an M52B28 though.

DB_Super

Thanks. I see these manifolds are very different than the M headers. That answers that question.

• Agree
Reactions: Lee

GDavis

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 facelift. Z3 3.0i
Looking at that Z3 on the ramp :thumbsup:
I wish mine looked like that underneath, that's bloody excellent.
is it an old picture or just a car that's not been on our roads ??