• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

Expired Z3 window zip

Davyhoogy

Zorg Guru (III)
Joined
May 4, 2016
Points
148
Location
Sunderland
Model of Z
'98 2.8 z3
Does anyone have a zip lying about from fitting their new soft top window?
I'll transfer you the postage if you can send it to me next day delivery?
 
I stole one from an old roll bag that had a similar sized zip. Had to press the rear of the zipper with a pair of pliers to get it to work on the Z3 window zip, then all was good.
 
I stole one from an old roll bag that had a similar sized zip. Had to press the rear of the zipper with a pair of pliers to get it to work on the Z3 window zip, then all was good.

I did the same. If I remember correctly the size was about 5mm in width (any shops who sells this kind of stuff should have them in these sizes). I also sewed the start together before zipping the rest of the window together.
 
I have a genuine BMW zip. This is crucial to it being an easy job. I'll happily post it if you need promise to send it back =))
 
I have a genuine BMW zip. This is crucial to it being an easy job. I'll happily post it if you need promise to send it back =))
Please! You have my sworn oath haha. I have a few zips but none that actually join the threads together.
 
Please! You have my sworn oath haha. I have a few zips but none that actually join the threads together.

That's the problem, non OEM zips tend not to join in the corners. PM me your address and I'll get it sent out tomorrow.
 
That's the problem, non OEM zips tend not to join in the corners. PM me your address and I'll get it sent out tomorrow.
No luck. It was joint from the start then when it got to corners it wouldn't join them. Then after a few mins of trying it wouldn't even join on the straight.
 
Sounds like it is time to take your pliers to the back end of the zipper. Watch the zip coming out the back of the zipper and give it a pinch were needed to tighten it up and get it working. I had to do this to get my zipper to work.
 
Back
Top