Z3 Cover

Kai

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 ROADSTER
Hi Everyone!

Do you have any recommendations for a Z3 cover that fits well, have straps to secure and it is actually waterproof for UK rains?

Thanks for your help!

RickyBobby

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
MSport 23i Highline
Reactions: Kai

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
The custom covers half cover is good, but just be warned that they only last about a year before they shrink and become brittle. Also need to make sure you take it off regularly and don’t put it on if the car is really dirty. I’m on my second one. I also have the other thinner type that has straps that go under the front and rear bumpers. Again, they only last about a year with constant use.

David62

British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8l roadster
I bought a Richbrook full cover and am happy thus far.

ChrisD

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
M44
I have the Classic Additions Ultimate Outdoor Car Cover.
IMG_4327.jpeg

it’s a bit pricey but works well for me and has protected my car for the last 3 years.

ChrisD

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
M44
It’s been fine for me. I use a cheap, soft, indoor cover underneath it and it’s always dry when it comes off - no sign of any leaks.

Kai

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 ROADSTER

DrWong

Zorg Guru (III)
Model of Z
3.0i
Yep, can confirm I have the XS and it fits perfectly, i.e. elasticated corners pull snugly under the car. I tried the S but it was a bit baggy in comparison. That’s the other good thing about Halfords - easy returns.!

Pond

Zorg Guru (II)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 project and E89 Z4
Car covers are more trouble than they are worth IME. If they are fully waterproof they make the car 'sweat'. They have to be clean and dry, so does the car, otherwise it scratches the paint.
Then you can only take them off when they are dry, or how do you dry them? Full covers are a PITA because they are big. If you don't have room to keep your car under cover, how will you dry the cover?
I had a Stormforce cover for my Alpina. Used it twice, then got fed up with the aggro. I bought a 'car cap' for the E89 but that is in the garage aftera few uses, as it is a pain keep putting it on and taking it off.

Mazza

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 1.9 M44 Roadster Z3 2.8 Project
UK Custom Covers do a very good half cover but unfortunately they are currently out of stock.

I have had two of these half covers and the fit is good and easy to get on and off the car…. however they are not UV stable and start to deteriorate in about 6 months
They are black when you buy them but one is now completely light grey where the sun has bleached it … and they start to develope small holes in the membrane. I still use both as the fit is good, but I bought a couple of cheap blue tarpaulins from toolstation that I put underneath to actually keep the car dry.

Kai

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 ROADSTER
It’s been fine for me. I use a cheap, soft, indoor cover underneath it and it’s always dry when it comes off - no sign of any leaks.
That’s a good idea. I have small leak through the fabric so need to find good solution until August when I am having my roof done in Swansea.

ChrisD

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
M44
That’s a good idea. I have small leak through the fabric so need to find good solution until August when I am having my roof done in Swansea.
I look forward to hearing about your new roof. I hear lots of good things about this way forward, I'd be particularly interested in how the roof fit and material compares to OEM.

Kai

Dedicated Member
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 ROADSTER
I look forward to hearing about your new roof. I hear lots of good things about this way forward, I'd be particularly interested in how the roof fit and material compares to OEM.
I will do pictures before and after and will try to write a thread with details. I can’t wait to be honest. 4,5h drive, hotel booked so just fingers crossed for a nice weather!