• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Z3 2.8 1999 Facelift .37,600 miles.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
I drive an automatic lorry all day 5 days a week and jump straight into a manual car at the end of my shift
When you're constantly changing its easy to remember.
Harder to get back into the manual after the auto for a few days. Have slowed at junctions wondering why the engine was labouring. Doh.
Doesn't take long to re-tune.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
When you're constantly changing its easy to remember.
Harder to get back into the manual after the auto for a few days. Have slowed at junctions wondering why the engine was labouring. Doh.
Doesn't take long to re-tune.
Yep true Ian

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
I spend my working week driving a manual Ford Fiesta Van, and my leisure time in my auto Zed or auto Merc

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
HAHA Automatic lorry for me also........
Nice work. Don't like them when I'm hooking up to my drag tho. Better control with a clutch. Sorry off topic. My apologies ken.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
All very interesting and as I say I don't really want to sell,but everything has it's price.I'll see what happens. I just know that when I step out of a manual and get in an auto it's hard not stab my left foot on the clutch that has turned into that fat brake.Result the driver behind has soiled pants!

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
I spotted this on eBay but unfortunately it's out of my price range atm... well technically everything is but it's definitely out of my current 'looking to do something stupid' price range. Been genuinely enjoying my Z3 for the past year of ownership however I've come to the conclusion that quite simply it needs more torque. I'm after a 2.8 but not a facelift... actually I just want my car... with a 2.8 in it!!

Anyway your ad... The car is beautiful. I love the colour and I absolutely love the interior and the wheels as well! I personally would break your wording up a little bit, you've got most of the information in there but I would say don't be afraid to use bullet points. Not the good bits, bad bits rubbish people put up but just bullet point the cars key features so people can see it at a glance. I would definitely reference the fact that the car has roll over hoops, a wind deflector and tonneau cover because these would all cost money to add at a later date.

Also I would put in your main title something like 'BMW Z3 2.8 Facelift. Striking example with 37k and FSH'. If the car also has a low number of owners, i.e. one or two I would put that in the main title as well as the body. Basically you will sell that car but you are going to sell it to a real car enthusiast here that is going to see it for what it is so you really need to make a song and dance about it.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
I drive an automatic lorry all day 5 days a week and jump straight into a manual car at the end of my shift
Agree my daily driver is a Mazda 6 Auto great for the big mileage I do, but TBH I love jumping in the manual Zed.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Have changed my ad a bit to incorporate some of what Tpf and Poprin advised,but to be honest if anybody is 'seriously' looking for a good Z3 you would think that they would read all the adverts carefully and telephone the seller for more information.
It has now been serviced and has a new MOT,no advisories.So it should be worth a look for someone.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Just changed the price to £5999 to be more competitive with other sellers.

Last edited: