• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD Z3 - 2.2 Sport Estoril Blue. Low Mileage/Low Owners

Mac_Gaz

A 2.2 in Estoril Blue
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
Last edited:

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
It looks a lovely car that deserves a very good price. And a brilliant (and rare) colour.

But I have to say and please treat this as constructive feedback not criticism, the pictures are nice enough but I'm not sure they do the car enough justice? Some of them (especially on ebay) are a bit grainy. You could also put up photos of the engine bay, each wheel, some more of the interior and if you want to get a bit arty maybe close-ups of things like wing mirrors, areas around badges to show how nice the paint is.

I wouldn't normally bother commenting but it is a nice car (my favourite colour and engine size) and I'd like to see it fetch a good price for you. On open auction (with no reserve) the price may need helping along to where it deserves to be.

This is the sort of thing I mean without getting overly arty!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3M-...0-Estoril-Blue-Absolutely-superb/113723299592

Bumpa

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3, 2.2 litre Sport
Mine is an almost identical car, although the body is perhaps a little more worn at 80,000 miles. Also in Estoril Blue. The engine is fantastic and smooth as a very smooth thing. I would be interested to know what it sells for.

Mac_Gaz

A 2.2 in Estoril Blue
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
62 watchers and nearly 1200 views, still no bids.

I thought this would fly out. Anyone else think that cheap Z4s are hampering the Z3 market?

I’m starting to get concerned.

Tfp

Zorg Legend
Supporter
62 watchers and nearly 1200 views, still no bids.

I thought this would fly out. Anyone else think that cheap Z4s are hampering the Z3 market?

I’m starting to get concerned.
Please take this as constructive advice, not a criticism.

A small piece of your Ebay wording wont be helping.

""Note:.
This Z3 is over 16 years old, viewing is encouraged and available if you want to see the car before bidding but please understand that eBay bids are a legal contract, if you bid and win, you buy. ""

That will put off anyone who isn't local enough that could come and have a look.

You're basically saying to people that you'll force them to buy your car even if they don't agree with your description, or they turn up to find faults with the car.

I've bought quite a few cars in my time (perhaps an understatement) and I'd never bid on an Ebay car with your wording.

I've always found Ebay classifieds, and Autotrader, to yield the best results, just put on the price you'll sell the car for.

My last Z3 sold the next day on Autotrader.

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
I have to say I agree with @Tfp but was reluctant to butt in myself and say an open auction may not be a good idea.

It was with that in mind that I suggested the better pictures to help it along.

It’s not to say you won’t get a good price but I think it’s a significant risk. How are you going to feel if you only get 1 bid at the opening position?

Personally I’d never sell a car on open auction - particularly one that nice. Autotrader or eBay classifieds sounds like good advice to me.

I also like Gumtree but I know a lot of people hate it with a passion.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I'm with @Tfp on this. I was in the trade for several years and wouldn't advise auction. Change it to a classified and watch all the watchers disappear that aren't truly interested. AutoTrader and eBay classifieds are by far the best.

Mac_Gaz

A 2.2 in Estoril Blue
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
Please take this as constructive advice, not a criticism.

A small piece of your Ebay wording wont be helping.

""Note:.
This Z3 is over 16 years old, viewing is encouraged and available if you want to see the car before bidding but please understand that eBay bids are a legal contract, if you bid and win, you buy. ""

That will put off anyone who isn't local enough that could come and have a look.

You're basically saying to people that you'll force them to buy your car even if they don't agree with your description, or they turn up to find faults with the car.

I've bought quite a few cars in my time (perhaps an understatement) and I'd never bid on an Ebay car with your wording.

I've always found Ebay classifieds, and Autotrader, to yield the best results, just put on the price you'll sell the car for.

My last Z3 sold the next day on Autotrader.
Thanks for that, having read that back it did sound a bit “hard-nosed”.

Duly revised - Cheers

Mac_Gaz

A 2.2 in Estoril Blue
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
I have to say I agree with @Tfp but was reluctant to butt in myself and say an open auction may not be a good idea.

It was with that in mind that I suggested the better pictures to help it along.

It’s not to say you won’t get a good price but I think it’s a significant risk. How are you going to feel if you only get 1 bid at the opening position?

Personally I’d never sell a car on open auction - particularly one that nice. Autotrader or eBay classifieds sounds like good advice to me.

I also like Gumtree but I know a lot of people hate it with a passion.

It has a reserve price.

DivideBYZero

Zorg Guru (I)
Model of Z
Z3 2.2
eBay is a tyre-kickers paradise.

Bmbards

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.0 Mora Edition
I am interested and would probably have made a move on a classified. I’m not keen wasting time on open auctions for any car that is half decent.

Stick it on at what you think it’s worth and see if you get a bite.

Mac_Gaz

A 2.2 in Estoril Blue
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2i Sport
I am interested and would probably have made a move on a classified. I’m not keen wasting time on open auctions for any car that is half decent.

Stick it on at what you think it’s worth and see if you get a bite.
You could always message me an offer, It’s easy to pull the auction.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Some good advice there, I have always used ebay Classified and never had any problems.You just deal with whoever you want face to face.Ignore all those who make offers without bothering to inspect the car.Wouldn't entertain the auction route, could be full of problems and costs more as well.Sold my 2.2i in two days earlier this year and it cost me just £14.99 on ebay.