Z3 1.9 vs s2000 race!

paul pearcey

American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
@[USERGROUP=12]M44 Massive[/USERGROUP]

You guys see this video? I always wanted an s2000 but I feel like with proper modification we could be just as quick as these things?

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Yep, I have to agree. There is enough power in the M44 and it is nearly indestructible and with a few mods, you would probably out drag an ///M (as they seem to always be parked up in the garage........)......:)

B

badman gee

Yep, I have to agree. There is enough power in the M44 and it is nearly indestructible and with a few mods, you would probably out drag an ///M
Keep dreaming boy, keep dreaming.

Not a sniff !

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Well you had better start driving it then, not just polishing it like your....well we will not go into that....and its only an E36 with two seats........

Z

zedonist

A subtle mod like a 2.0 Vtec engine, six speed box and LSD would do it....................seriously it does show that it is all about the gearing as the Z3 was leading until about third gear, plus ours don't rev up to 8000rpm so it has some longer legs, i will agree with BMG on this one, it does need to be an //M for this race as the S2000 is putting out 240 BHP

paul pearcey

American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
@zedonist also it would have to be the driver as well, but yeah granted s2k are fast but proper modding can lead to a decent 1/4 mile stretch

Z

zedonist

For the cost of a dasc i would just buy an //M, but in the real world it is not about straight line speed.....so i would just put my money on the suspension and not into power gains......you will be quicker through the twisties by far more seconds than buying a stainless exhaust.......obviously i have spent my money on both:) but if i did it again, the bilsteins and eibachs would go on first (actually i would prob buy a S2000)

paul pearcey

American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
So I was looking at z3m prices( because I live in te states) and they are priced for a good one with low miles between 13-17k clean title. I bought my 1.9 for 5k. So it would be cheaper, rather than supercharging or just doing mods to the 1.9 to just buy a z3m? I don't think it cost 12k to mod. Then again z3m are beautiful cars and maybe they are cheaper where you gus are but here they are rare and expensive

Z

zedonist

Judging by what I have spent so far, if I now added a dasc I would be over 8k in £ spend, so yes an //M would be cheaper, but it would not have the roar if the M44!

B

badman gee

Judging by what I have spent so far, if I now added a dasc I would be over 8k in £ spend, so yes an //M would be cheaper, but it would not have the roar if the M44!
No it sounds better!

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
The s2000 thrashed the 1.9... ?

Z

zedonist

The s2000 thrashed the 1.9... ?
He (S2000) was slow out the blocks, but great once he got a head of steam, gotta love them japanese engines, that said, by dropping an e30 diff into the 1.9 it would have been a different story

paul pearcey

American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
He (S2000) was slow out the blocks, but great once he got a head of steam, gotta love them japanese engines, that said, by dropping an e30 diff into the 1.9 it would have been a different story

With that said it would have looked much better with the e30 diff in am I correct?