GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi all,

I'm delighted to announce we are now running version 2.0 of the Media Gallery system. There have been some awesome extra features added to it, of which I shall be rolling out more over the next week or so!

Still working on setting the options and permissions so shout if you have any questions!

A lot of the original functionality has been improved on and a vast amount of extras added. Here are some of the obvious visual improvements added.

Alert flag when media added, updated or commented on! You won't miss newly uploaded media any more!
upload_2014-1-20_11-22-2.png

Image resizing on upload and unlimited storage limits. Images are automatically resized on upload to the set value (means it should resize it under the maximum file size!). There is an unlimited storage quota.
upload_2014-1-20_11-36-39.png

Image editing/manipulation, member tagging, set image as Avatar.
imagetools.gif

Scrolling random media bar on home page.
mediabar.gif

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Ooh that looks cool :)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Member User Albums - This is possibly the biggest extra in this version.
Once I have enabled it you will be able to create your own photo albums on the site.

You can have your own privacy settings on your albums if you wish. For example you can have images which only Zorg members are allowed to see, or people you follow or just shared with specific members.
upload_2014-1-20_16-24-2.png

Easily set titles and descriptions en masse. (You can use %n to increment a number on the image filename)
upload_2014-1-20_16-32-12.png

upload_2014-1-20_16-33-58.png

Slideshow when hovering over galleries. (You can also see the privacy settings on your album shown in the bottom right corner)
albumhover.gif

Member albums can also been accessed via their profile page (reminder to self to update my status!)
upload_2014-1-20_16-45-49.png

Share your images. As before you can share your images on posts on any forum that accepts [ IMG ] tags.
upload_2014-1-20_16-49-47.png

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
For the photographically inclined among you that like to know more about the photos, EXIF data is stored with the image on upload (assuming the image hasn't been edited significantly).

upload_2014-1-24_12-5-13.png

upload_2014-1-24_12-2-22.png

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Huh!! Frying my mind in the first hour after registering. If you see the smoke over mid Canada you'll know I'm trying to figure something out on the forum. JIM

Z

zedonist

Hi Gaz, one thing puzzles me with the media and showcase alerts is that I cannot tell which ones are new or updated, very frustrating, anything you can do to tag the actual new / updated ones or put a list of them up like the forum?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi Gaz, one thing puzzles me with the media and showcase alerts is that I cannot tell which ones are new or updated, very frustrating, anything you can do to tag the actual new / updated ones or put a list of them up like the forum?
The best thing to do when you see alerts is to use either "New Media" or "New Items" links on each sub-menu.

It's the same as using "New Posts" when on the forum list. That way you will only see the updated media/showcase items, and they will be "ticked" off once you have viewed them. You also have the option to mark all viewed if you just want to clear the alerts.

I have toyed with making the default main menu options go to the "New" page, but it's inconsistent with how the rest of the site works. If you click "forums" you see all forums, not "new posts". If you click "media" you see all media... and so on!

Hope that helps/makes sense.

Z

zedonist

Thanks Gaz, yes works for me too!

Another question, in each post where you can agree, like, disagree etc, can we have a thankyou icon as well please, it would be nice to thank people in the post when they have helped.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Another question, in each post where you can agree, like, disagree etc, can we have a thankyou icon as well please, it would be nice to thank people in the post when they have helped.
Indeed we can Rich. I'll sort one out for you now ;)

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
Great idea...

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Upgraded to XenForo Media Gallery v1.0.1

Which may seem odd as we were running v2.1.5 before the upgrade. The guy who wrote the media gallery system has now been employed by the forum developers, and now sell the product as their official media gallery product.

If you haven't used the media gallery before, it's well worth having a browse through (currently) 1,161 Zed related images stored in it! You can even upload your own as well. :)