WTF is it with people tailgating?

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Ok so I've been out a handful of times in my zed since the respray and every single time do I get someone tight up my rear bumper dazzling me with headlights! What's wrong with people if you want to overtake do it don't sit on my f***ing rear bumper! Rant over. Now does anyone have any methods to try when this occurs I normally just slow right down to about 20mph especially when I know they can't get passed but this doesn't always work as you'd think they'd go past as soon as you reach a straight bit of clear road but oh no just stay sat there looking up my tailpipes?????

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Have you thought it's because they want to look at your zed?? If I were behind you I prob would get close to have a gander!! :D :coolsteer)

Edit.. I get rid of them by sinking the loud pedal B-)

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
I did think of the loud pedal but the missus will get scared if I start driving quick she doesn't like it :ymdevil:
Maybe I need a bigger zroadster sticker maybe that's what they were trying to read.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
A colleague of mine has an old BMW 2002, when it happens to him, he just changes gear, and creates a s*** pile of smoke and they back off,

B-)

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
hard top said:
A colleague of mine has an old BMW 2002, when it happens to him, he just changes gear, and creates a s*** pile of smoke and they back off,

B-)
Mmmmmm smoke screen you say :-?

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
if its a van just let them past....the guys are working..its no slight on you....im a white van man and have to be places at certain times i need to get a shift on and when theres people out for a little drive we dont want to upset them we just want to get past and get on earning our wages.

bessieblue

Zorg Guru (II)
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
hard top said:

B-)

just like a bond car :))

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
swamper said:
if its a van just let them past....the guys are working..its no slight on you....im a white van man and have to be places at certain times i need to get a shift on and when theres people out for a little drive we dont want to upset them we just want to get past and get on earning our wages.
Still no excuse to be tight up my arse I gave him plenty of opportunity to pass but he didn't and still tailgates me that's why I was peed! But wasn't a van anyway :p

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
some people are just cocks Daz...its part of the roads we drive on nowadays.
this morning i got stuck behind some stupid cow for 11 miles doing 30 in a 60 ....would she pull over ...no......it works both ways mate.
i spent 10 hours a day out there...its my office...i do over 50 000 miles a year and i see it all...the worst is weekend when there all out visiting aunt nelly.
i agree there no need to sit on peoples bumper...but if drivers were more understanding of what its like to work out there then the working lads wouldn't get as frustrated...which is exactly what it is...frustration .
im not saying you held him up... as you said you gave him chance to get past...like i say theres some right cocks out their

r37

Dedicated Member
the IAM method is to spray your washer jets, allegedly to make them think its raining and slow down :-?

However, i just ignore them. Im going at a speed i like and if they somehow rear end me its their own fault.

However, i know the lanes to work like the back of my hand and if you can tailgate me for more than half a mile i'll give you a medal :)

billz

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 3.0si Individual Ruby Black Last one produced in this colour combo
I am like wayne i do 30k+ a year and have to be places in a hurry, but if i get anyone thats too close and they just sit there then i just slam the anchors on, they soon back off.
Its worse in France they just sit behind you and wont overtake as then they would break the speed limits.
bill

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
I find a little tap on the brake as I hit the accelerator works a treat ;-) if they come up behind me again I just do it again !

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
If its not a car you are worried about then going from 5th to 2nd does the trick.

I used to do 60/70+k miles a year. on one occasion i was stuck behind 2 cars and a white van. Knew the road very well and with not enough time to take the lot decided to hop them individually. Van first, he tried to close the gap as I overtook, and took exception to me slotting in the queue. I back off a bit to leave a safe gap to the car in front of me and I couldn't see the van windscreen behind as he was so close in my mirror. Getting ready to overtake the next car, I dropped it to second and popped the clutch. As the van backed off, the passenger was climbing off the dashboard, obviously not wearing a seat belt. Lots of hand gestures followed in the mirror but my next overtake was coming up so had to get on and waved goodbye.