Winter storage, drive or not to drive, that is the question?

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Re: Winter storage, drive or not to drive, that is the quest

Warrior said:
I can't work out what model Zed you have from your pic but mines a 3.0 Auto and skips around all over the place in summer until the tyres are hot, which can take 10 miles. Would be a fairground ride in winter, particularly with any suggestion of ice. :))
Hi Warrior, he's a 2.8 auto and yes if I took him out on ice we'd have fun, I have another car for days like that but as far as driving him on treated roads no problem, like I said he gets washed properly and there's not a spec of rust on him.

Each to their own as I said and I wouldn't criticise anyone for wanting to store their car for the winter, I enjoy driving him too much to do that :)

Warrior

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3.0i sports automatic

UPDATE: The Stormforce cover went on just before Xmas after a good 2 hour blast on a very dry bright day.

Today the wind was really getting under it and whilst it stayed on I was a bit worried about it rubbing.

To be honest, it's sold as a 4 layer bit of kit with a soft lining and i'd expected something obviously layered. In reality it's just single layer(or appears to be).

Can anybody confirm that i've been sold the right one? (all tagged as Styormforce and bought at full price from reputable online seller)

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior

Mine does seem thin but they can bond fabrics so thin these days.
I would be wary of putting the cover on if the car has not first been washed and dried because if there are bits of dirt on the body work they can scratch the surface of the paint if the cover is put on top and it gets windy!