Winter driving attire

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
Discerning gentleman (and ladies of course). I'm interested in everyone's take on the best winter driving gear for roof down motoring? What do you currently wear, what would you like to wear?

I'm currently sporting a green bobble hat with ear flaps, matching scarf and some motorbike glove inners (slim for the controls but not warm enough). But now I've got my new car I think I need to get more seriously silly looking. I'm currently looking at the leather trapper hat / flying goggles / driving gloves and fur lined leather bomber jacket as the ultimate combo. But not sure where to source such things!

Possibilities so far:
Driving Gloves:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/WARMEN-Cla...l-softlines&pd_rd_r=Q8NHGVFT4K70P885QMFS&th=1

Goggles:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007D0J...UTF8&colid=193C6C69FFC6J&coliid=IXBMTY7AH98YG

Hat:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Leat...1478374775&sr=1-38&keywords=black+leather+hat

Can't seem to find a suitable jacket though....

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Discerning gentleman (and ladies of course). I'm interested in everyone's take on the best winter driving gear for roof down motoring? What do you currently wear, what would you like to wear?

I'm currently sporting a green bobble hat with ear flaps, matching scarf and some motorbike glove inners (slim for the controls but not warm enough). But now I've got my new car I think I need to get more seriously silly looking. I'm currently looking at the leather trapper hat / flying goggles / driving gloves and fur lined leather bomber jacket as the ultimate combo. But not sure where to source such things!

Possibilities so far:
Driving Gloves:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/WARMEN-Cla...l-softlines&pd_rd_r=Q8NHGVFT4K70P885QMFS&th=1

Goggles:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007D0J...UTF8&colid=193C6C69FFC6J&coliid=IXBMTY7AH98YG

Hat:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Leat...1478374775&sr=1-38&keywords=black+leather+hat

Can't seem to find a suitable jacket though....
Love it mate! Try this link;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/leather-flight-jacket

Tally Ho, chocks away Ginger.

Not cheap though. photo's when done please.

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Haha yes the jacket is proving the most illusive item. They aren't cheap! I can quite happily take a punt on a 20 quid hat but not a 100 quid jacket that could look completely ridiculous! (which is sort of the idea)

See I like to drive my car with the roof down basically so long as there is no / minimal precipitation. But your average road user doesn't really understand the joy of this (especially women with nice hair in convertibles). So when they say to their passenger, look at that maniac over there with his roof down then I want to actually look like a maniac. Then I can sit in my own little dream bubble where everyone is staring at me enviously in my dapper hat.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Haha yes the jacket is proving the most illusive item. They aren't cheap! I can quite happily take a punt on a 20 quid hat but not a 100 quid jacket that could look completely ridiculous! (which is sort of the idea)

See I like to drive my car with the roof down basically so long as there is no / minimal precipitation. But your average road user doesn't really understand the joy of this (especially women with nice hair in convertibles). So when they say to their passenger, look at that maniac over there with his roof down then I want to actually look like a maniac. Then I can sit in my own little dream bubble where everyone is staring at me enviously in my dapper hat.
Bang on mate :thumbsup:

katkwak

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 m44
1 a fur lined flying jacket i have 2 i got to big for the other lol
2 italian leather driving glove lined warm & thin enough to drive in
3 a Gatsby hat tweed

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1 a fur lined flying jacket i have 2 i got to big for the other lol
2 italian leather driving glove lined warm & thin enough to drive in
3 a Gatsby hat tweed
Now I was thinking flat cap... but then I was also thinking cold ears. Might keep a flat cap in the glove box for when it's about 8+ degrees and save the trapper hat for those days when I really should have the roof up... or be driving my other car that has roof.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I use a flat cap during the summer and a wooly hat in the winter, body wise a hoody does the job as the heater is excellent and I have a pair of lamb skin driving gloves.

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
hats HATS , wimps the lot of ya;) (ok so I have hair even if it is starting to thin out now), maybe I'm just stupid:) but I just go with what ever I'm wearing at the time (heater on though) its surprising how many days you can go top down during the winter (just don't crack the rear screen though) but then I did spent the first 20 years of my motoring life on bikes and didn't know any different, brrrrrrrr it can get abit parky on a bike in the snow and ice=))

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I bought a very light weight but very warm jacket in Orlando which I intend to wear over a black hoody which I bought on the same holiday. I find the hoody when ruffled up behind your neck keeps you very warm. Might look into some gloves but would need to be very cold to want to use them tbh.

Tony.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
My winter kit. Was it Shakespeare who said, "If you want to look a prat get yourself a silly hat" ? He would if he saw this.=))
But it is really warm and I need it with my 'hairstyle'!

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Oops , photo winter kit.View attachment 44983
That is exactly what I was looking for, you sir are a fashion icon. Just got back from a drive round south Shropshire with a couple of driving buddies (TVR & Alfa 4C) with the roof down in the rain. Got bemused glances in Ludlow town centre and was really wishing I had got my Z winter wardrobe sorted!

pgunter

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
2.2i Sport Zedshed Special
Well if you have a 'go outdoors' near you.. you can get some great snoods, hats and such at great prices. I have just purchased a woollen / fleece snood.. bit like a tube you pull over head and it sits under your jacket / fleece and keeps that cold neck feeling away and only £6 too. Thinsulate hat, £3.50. Well worth it.

Cobranut

Zorg Addict
I bought a fur lined flying jacket when I had my Cobra at a car show...it's fantastic and really warm...nor cheap but good value...also have a balaclava but open face from motorbiking days Woolley hat and gloves........

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E 89 Z4 S drive 23i
Me , a 'Fashion Icon' , my wife won't believe it.=))
I have admit the 'Flying Jacket' is a fake,not real leather, but it's just for those winter roadster days and much cheaper!

Tearoom

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Winter driving?
Wash your mouth out with soap.
My zed has put itself to bed and set the alarm clock for spring.
20151101_122823.jpg

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
This is what me and @Mrs. Bozzy went for today

WP_20161106_14_11_17_Pro.jpg

I also wore my leather driving gloves whilst the roof was down,they feel lovely and keep the chill at bay.
WP_20161106_14_11_40_Pro.jpg

I picked up this Al Quieda type looking who was thumbing a lift,she enjoyed the day in the zed but said our English weather was pants.......the cheek :wideyed:.

Steve