Wheeler Dealers, Engine Deep Clean.

Jackster

Dedicated Member
Was watching the new Wheeler Dealers last night with the Jag XK8. They featured a new engine cleaning system which you connect up to the fuel injection system, by passing your own fuel tank and pump. It then pumps highly purified fuel and cleaning solutions into the engine at high pressure, clearing all carbon, sludge etc. Its like a complete colonic irrigation for your engine. Far superior to any £20 tin of fuel system cleaner. Hydrocarbons went from 550 odd to 87 now thats got to be good.
Anyone else see it? Anyone had it done?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
There have been similar systems around for years I remember back in the late 80's having the injection system on my 205Gti cleaned by connecting the fuel rail to an aerosol can and running it until it was empty and the engine cut out. I remember it certainly making a difference and worth the money at the time I guess technology will have come along a bit since then so maybe even more effective.

Jackster

Dedicated Member
It did look really good, and the fact that he had it hooked up to an emissions tester to show the difference made it even more impressive! Have entered the comp...... you never know lol :-bd Mind even if I won it, would probably sell on and spend the money on the zed :))

peteslag

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
Z4M
I was speaking about this to a good mate of mine, he knows the guy that supplied that de-carboniser to wheeler dealers really well. I'll try and get a bit of inside info if I can (and maybe a bit of discount for zorg members).

r37

Dedicated Member
i had a massive post written out stating how i think it works, then i decided it was long winded and i'd confused myself. tl;dr...its witchcraft, i dont trust it