What makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up?

r37

Dedicated Member

shame i couldnt get my old 1.6 rover to make a similar noise.

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Like that Daz3....... :-bd

This was last year at Spa Francorchamps.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
The sound of a Merlin V12 makes me weak at the knees...

Or next best thing is my M from 5000-7500rpm =p~

Muppet

Dedicated Member
British Zeds
Model of Z
Sdrive 2.0
Slightly embarrassed........ I was going to say Highland Cathedral played on the bagpipes.... :ymblushing:

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
Yeah

Frank.A

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
2.8 Facelift
It's got to be the Merlin for me, either as a singleton in Spitfire,Hurricane or Mustang,or a synchronized four in a Lancaster. :ymapplause:

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
Frank.A said:
It's got to be the Merlin for me, either as a singleton in Spitfire,Hurricane or Mustang,or a synchronized four in a Lancaster. :ymapplause:
Yep I don't think there's any better engine noise.. Just beautiful..

There's a vid on YouTube where someone put one in a car.. =p~

Is it just me? But sometimes when I'm sat it the zed I get a feeling like I'm sat in a cockpit.. Love it..

Frank.A

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
2.8 Facelift
z3cade said:
Frank.A said:
Yep I don't think there's any better engine noise.. Just beautiful..

There's a vid on YouTube where someone put one in a car.. =p~

Is it just me? But sometimes when I'm sat it the zed I get a feeling like I'm sat in a cockpit.. Love it..
The Zed is too much of a softie's car for the flying jacket and leather flying helmet.A kit car with Brookland's screens is nearer the mark.I have flown aerobatics in a 1932 Blackburn B2 Biplane;that was real open cockpit 'motoring'. B-) :ymdaydream:

Daz3

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Good vids there HT how did you get in the pit lane you must be some sort of racing legend or own a team :D Always wanted to make a trip to spa and see the f1 cars go up Eau Rouge/Raidillon bet thats awesome B-)

As for you merlin lovers I'm just round the corner from east kirkby aviaton centre and also see the battle of britain memorial flight from time to time. Must have been something else seeing all those lancasters in the air during WW2

Warrior

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
3.0i sports automatic
I once had the pleasure of flying with the Rothmans Aerobatic Display Team.......about 4 years after this video was shot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mssOmzGuV1o

A colleague and I were sales managers on a local free newspaper and received an invite to a press day prior to the annual Southend Air Show. He went as the journalist and I as the photographer. We were blagging it as the paper didn't run editorial but we could use space fillers as appropriate. ;)

I remember the planes well, Pitt specials, where the pilot sits behind you, and the basic aluminium dash which was covered in Dymo tape reminders didn't inspire me with confidence.

A great experience as we looped the loop, flew a few feet off the runway and belted :coolsteer) skywards prior to cutting the engine to drop like a stone before re-starting.

Nothing really comes close for hair standing fun but it is a bit of a conversation killer at parties :(

pete59

Zorg Addict
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
merlins,lanc ,spitfire,hurricane,regulars over us most weekends during summer. ^:)^

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
Daz3 said:
Good vids there HT how did you get in the pit lane you must be some sort of racing legend or own a team
I wish.

A mate of mine, the same one that destroyed my bonnet, is in the business of alcohol and had received VIP tickets form a champagne house.

After a bottle (or two) of the stuff, we then did a pit walk and I felt brave enough to duck under the barriers and have a wander around the pit boxes.....

All went extremely well, until I ventured into Hamilton's, I got thrown out by the scruff off the neck with a few hindered people laughing their hats off.....

Come on Jenson......... ^:)^

http://s890.photobucket.com/albums/ac10 ... 1QQtppZZ24

Some good kit on the car park as well.......