What have you bought for your Zed this week?

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
A bit sad, but the big computer suggested this to me on eBay and I spent my month’s coffee allowance on it. Annoyingly, one of the wing mirrors is broken off, but actually that adds to the authenticity of it.
5392357F-FC0C-4414-A86B-4C1FC3C83EF5.jpeg

AntStark

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2002 3.0 Sport
A bit sad, but the big computer suggested this to me on eBay and I spent my month’s coffee allowance on it. Annoyingly, one of the wing mirrors is broken off, but actually that adds to the authenticity of it.View attachment 299575
Did it come with a tiny bottle of oil too ? 😁

I found a Matchbox exact replica of mine..even down to the Style 78s 😎
IMG_1861.jpeg

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
A bit sad, but the big computer suggested this to me on eBay and I spent my month’s coffee allowance on it. Annoyingly, one of the wing mirrors is broken off, but actually that adds to the authenticity of it.View attachment 299575
Check the sills, if rusty send it back. 😊

IanA

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
New disc pads all round and new front calipers.
None of the pads were worn enough to trigger the wear light on the dash. I'll need to pursue that elsewhere.

GDavis

Zorg Addict
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 facelift. Z3 3.0i
2 new Avon ZV7's on the front end. :thumbsup: :)
Couple of recommends on here for them, inexpensive improvement for a better response and to stop the tramlining.
Halfords, Tyres on the drive...........£163 all in.
Money well spent

ChrisD

1. Replacement aerial grommet
IMG_4076.jpeg

BMW dealer price exactly the same as eBay prices but with the added benefit of an easy fit.
2.Door handle gaskets
IMG_4078.jpeg

I had to re-order as eBay seller sent 2xRHS.
😖 One day I’ll learn…
3. Plastic spark plug cover
IMG_4275.jpeg
The silver was coming off the logo. Ordered a new one from BMW dealer - arrived all black so out with the paintbrush. Looks ok - from a distance.
Also, not really new but I refurbished the door speaker grilles. A genuine ‘5 minute job’ - not like the ones you hear from the keyboard hero mechanics elsewhere.
IMG_4274.jpeg

And also repaired the damaged triangular plug in the roof seal that was the source of a minor leak.
IMG_4038.jpeg

I am pleased with this repair because most of the YouTube vids show a horrible gloopy mess at the end, this looks no different to the other side and no more leaks.
I realised that I neglected to take any ‘before’ pictures but I think you’ll all know what they looked like.
I am stupidly pleased to be rolling back the years on my Z

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
View attachment 300907
BMW dealer price exactly the same as eBay prices but with the added benefit of an easy fit.
2.Door handle gaskets
View attachment 300909

😖 One day I’ll learn…
View attachment 300911The silver was coming off the logo. Ordered a new one from BMW dealer - arrived all black so out with the paintbrush. Looks ok - from a distance.
Also, not really new but I refurbished the door speaker grilles. A genuine ‘5 minute job’ - not like the ones you hear from the keyboard hero mechanics elsewhere.
View attachment 300913
And also repaired the damaged triangular plug in the roof seal that was the source of a minor leak.
View attachment 300915
I am pleased with this repair because most of the YouTube vids show a horrible gloopy mess at the end, this looks no different to the other side and no more leaks.
I realised that I neglected to take any ‘before’ pictures but I think you’ll all know what they looked like.
What did you use to repair the triangle seal?

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
Remember that you shouldn't totally block up the channels in that rubber stopper. Water gets under the front of the roof and drains along the channel across the top of the windacreen and into the little grooves in that rubber stopper to get down the rubber tube along the A pillar.

Instead of silicon I'd just use a bit of vaseline or gummi pflege

ChrisD

Remember that you shouldn't totally block up the channels in that rubber stopper. Water gets under the front of the roof and drains along the channel across the top of the windacreen and into the little grooves in that rubber stopper to get down the rubber tube along the A pillar.

Instead of silicon I'd just use a bit of vaseline or gummi pflege
The repair was to re-attach the triangular piece to the main roof seal while, as you say, ensuring the channels (and everywhere else) remains clear of the adhesive. For a permanent repair, the silicone adhesive is ok if used with care. Vaseline or the other stuff would be a Band-Aid at best.

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
View attachment 300907
2.Door handle gaskets
View attachment 300909

😖 One day I’ll learn…
View attachment 300911The silver was coming off the logo. Ordered a new one from BMW dealer - arrived all black so out with the paintbrush. Looks ok - from a distance.
View attachment 300913
View attachment 300915
What did you actually do to the speaker grilles? Did you paint in situ?

ChrisD

Not paint. Boot polish applied with a smallish stiff brush using a stabbing motion to get in between the metal grilles. In situ, obvs.

elky

Zorg Addict
Supporter
Model of Z
2001 Z3 3.0i Roadster
Not paint. Boot polish applied with a smallish stiff brush using a stabbing motion to get in between the metal grilles. In situ, obvs.
Boot polish? That is interesting why boot polish and not plastic black paint? Just curious in case I attempt it

ChrisD

I’d read another thread on here recommending it for all sorts (tyres, tonneau, seats, etc) so I had it to hand. The manky speaker grilles really let down the interior but I was not at all prepared to remove door cards or mask off for painting. I’m not the best painter either - see 3rd image in post #1209 above. So, I experimented with the boot polish and it worked like magic. No more manky speaker grilles. I thought it’s easily reversible if it’s a mess but it worked great. Try it. What could possibly go wrong??? 🙂

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
Interesting! Have always used a little matt black paint with a fine brush to touch in.

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter

2.Door handle gaskets

😖 One day I’ll learn…
The silver was coming off the logo. Ordered a new one from BMW dealer - arrived all black so out with the paintbrush. Looks ok - from a distance.
Also, not really new but I refurbished the door speaker grilles. A genuine ‘5 minute job’ - not like the ones you hear from the keyboard hero mechanics else
View attachment 300915
so this triangular thing has to be fully sealed?
strangely enough mine was missing both of them and thought it was supposed to be like that for draining or something… well, well, I always learn.