What have you bought for your Zed this week?

as400

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
Model of Z
2.8 Widebody
Waiting for Blau to be fitted, liked the 80's retro styling with updated features.

Figure I can sell the original BMW radio cassette for a bit to offset the expenditure incurred.

SQR.jpg

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
He's been there, done that.

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I got this, but can you guess what for?
20230912_003609.jpg

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I'll show you tomorrow. It made such a difference too.

Tony.

estgray

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
2.5i
As a completely wild guess, are you trying to cure a rattle or hold a a defrost vent in place?

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
Still a couple of months wait for the rebody kit to arrive but I've started collecting some bits.

Couple of days ago I ordered stuff from Andy to retro-fit power raise/lower hood to my Z3. I can get that fitted and working before the kit arrives.

But today I ordered side gills for the 507 re-body. Decided on the M3 gills which should, when fitted, look like this - I hope.

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 10.25.25.jpg

Gills weren't expensive so I might try to bodge about with them a bit and buy another pair if I mess it up. I didn't notice before ordering that there's a small recess near the front for an M badge. Can't see it on the shot where it's fitted to the wing. Maybe there's another without the recess. I do kinda like the way it looks without a badge but I might see if I can slot something in there.

Last edited:

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
So just scored a wheel off the bay for £22 quid (yes. twenty two)

Screenshot 2023-09-14 at 16.25.16.jpg

Not sure I'd want it in a Z3 but it does look kinda Retro don't you think? (for my 507 rebody)

Apparently this style wheel was an option on z3's?

Is it going to fit? Does it need any extra stuff? Will the airbag connect? (or is the bag going to explode out of the box when I unpack it)?

For the price I can chuck it in the bin if it's pants. Or put it back on the bay starting at 22 quid.

Richard29

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 3.0 Auto

View attachment 277017

Not sure I'd want it in a Z3 but it does look kinda Retro don't you think? (for my 507 rebody)

Is it going to fit? Does it need any extra stuff? Will the airbag connect? (or is the bag going to explode out of the box when I unpack it)?

For the price I can chuck it in the bin if it's pants. Or put it back on the bay starting at 22 quid.
I like it' but i dont kniw if it will work

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
What was it for . . . . .
I got this, but can you guess what for?
View attachment 276745

Tony.
What was it for?

Well it was to stabilise my rear view camera. I cut a strip about 6mm wide and stuck it to the bottom edge of the camera which then stuck to the acrylic in my wind deflector as in the pictures.
20230915_130306.jpg
20230915_130323.jpg

Absolutely brilliant, the camera doesn't vibrate now.

Tony.

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i

View attachment 277017

Wow, £22 is amazing. I have a ‘sport’ wheel like the one in the photo (not the car’s original wheel) and I want to return to the M sport wheel. I’ve bought an M sport wheel, but without the slip ring. Currently trying to figure out if it has the correct airbag and whether my existing slip ring will work.

1955Davidr

Zorg Legend
Supporter
Tonneau cover from STEVO7682 met up with him when I was in Ayr 2 weeks ago and just back now from that holiday. So fitted today, despite swearing blind I didn’t need one I do think it looks great. Thanks Stephen it was a pleasure to meet you and talk Z’s.

IMG_3713.jpeg