what did Santa bring ?

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
I got the diagnostic cables and software that I ordered but had to be wrapped up first. Had a quick play today and all talks to each other.

If anybody wants some help give me a call

micklaw

Zorg Legend
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
1.8 roadster
I got the diagnostic cables and software that I ordered but had to be wrapped up first. Had a quick play today and all talks to each other.

If anybody wants some help give me a call
Can we book in for a check up dr Brian :D

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Hi Mick

yes no prob over weekend ok?

Zeti

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
Romanian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 roadster 1.9
The famous watch "BMW Z3 Individual" in blue leather strap, number 1920/ 5000, (from ebay) and also the "famous" M44 thermostat (famous because all housings brackets break down in time!), to be replaced in Spring, at the beginning of the new season 2014.
Thank you Santa!:)

Last edited:

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Sorry to here that mate I hope it didn't put the fan through the rad.
Too dark to see exactly what has happened, had to abandon the car 2 miles away in a housing estate.

From what I could see one of the blades has trapped in between the cowl and the radiator and won't turn. There isn't actually a gap there, so it looks like that potentially it lodging there may have stopped the blades chewing the rad... Either that or the blade has snapped off!

Will bike down in the morning and see what's occurred...

bruce&kim

Zorg Legend
The West Country
Fingers crossed for you Gary..when mine went the blades took out the cowl and the rad so you could be lucky

Brian4

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3 3.0i Auto
Hopes it's easily fixed Gary.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Fingers crossed for you Gary..when mine went the blades took out the cowl and the rad so you could be lucky
This is actually the second time I've had a Z3 water pump failure this year. I test drove 2 other Zeds before I bought Rosie and one of them didn't make it back to the garage....

Made a big mess of the blades and radiator.

bruce&kim

Zorg Legend
The West Country
I done away with the viscous fan and blades and put in an electric one it takes a lot of stress away from the water pump.

Reactions: Rev

FRANKIE

Zorg Guru (V)
American Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3
Too dark to see exactly what has happened, had to abandon the car 2 miles away in a housing estate.

From what I could see one of the blades has trapped in between the cowl and the radiator and won't turn. There isn't actually a gap there, so it looks like that potentially it lodging there may have stopped the blades chewing the rad... Either that or the blade has snapped off!

Will bike down in the morning and see what's occurred...
And it'll probably be cold as a bi*** when you're trying to look at it. Isn't it wonderful when things wait for the dead of winter to give out?

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport
The water pump just failed :arghh:
Bad luck Gary, hope it is not too much of a problem to sort out. Hopefully it won't be so bad in the morning when you can see exactly what's happened.