Write Up Wentworth show

Paul Rice

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z4 2.5
After the wet week it was good to see some sunshine. Great back drop with usual fare, trade stands, catering and the popular parade ring.
Did enter the coupe and convertable category, first place went to the immaculate Triumph stag parked behind me so you could say i was close to the winner.
Wentworth show ring.JPG

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Was a college with a guy from Wentworth, a guy called Ivor Wheatcroft. I remember part of his larger family used to own the racing circuit at Donnington Park.

Tony.

Z Victor 1

Formerly "Ontiken1"
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless!
Yep, Tom Wheatcroft bought land including the old pre war Donnington GP circuit and restored it. He did a lot for British motor racing, eventually fullfilling his dream of seeing F1 return to the circuit as Senna won in pouring rain. It didn't last as there wasn't enough room to enlarge the circuit etc. But Wheatcroft had backed motor racing and young drivers, famously the very talented Roger Williamson who tragically died at the infamous 1973 GP accident at Zandvoort whilst driving his Wheatcroft backed car.

ktnez99

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8L
Yep, Tom Wheatcroft bought land including the old pre war Donnington GP circuit and restored it. He did a lot for British motor racing, eventually fullfilling his dream of seeing F1 return to the circuit as Senna won in pouring rain. It didn't last as there wasn't enough room to enlarge the circuit etc. But Wheatcroft had backed motor racing and young drivers, famously the very talented Roger Williamson who tragically died at the infamous 1973 GP accident at Zandvoort whilst driving his Wheatcroft backed car.
Interesting read.