• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Weismann Fitting Kit

Rui Almeida

Dedicated Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2016
Points
44
Now on the right forum and as a Sale and not a Swap here I have my Weismann Fitting Kit for sale.

Every one knows for how stupid money they can go but I would rather sell it here instead of ebay and make sure someone gets a good although far deal with this kit.

Don't have a value in my head yet and in fairness just want it to cover up what I paid for the OEM one so any offers around £400 will defo do the deal

Rui
 
This is a hardtop fitting kit? What's the difference between this and the OEM kit? Is the Weismann hardtop a rare item? Is it different to the OEM? Don't have much information.
 
This is a hardtop fitting kit? What's the difference between this and the OEM kit? Is the Weismann hardtop a rare item? Is it different to the OEM? Don't have much information.
Hi there,
Yes this is a hardtop fitting kit. In specific a weismann hardtop fitting kit. The hardtops are different so are the fitting kits. They are cosmetically different you can find the differences in pictures from google. They are rare both the hardtop and the fitting kit.

Hope I could help with some info.
 
This is a hardtop fitting kit? What's the difference between this and the OEM kit? Is the Weismann hardtop a rare item? Is it different to the OEM? Don't have much information.

I had a Wiesmann and sold it to a forum member on here who sold it to another forum member on here.
When BMW built the Z3 a hardtop had never been on the agenda so Wiesmann came up with one and later BMW started making them themselves.

Yes, the Weismann is rare and I don't want to pish on your bonfire Rul but a fitting kit without the hardtop is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot.
 
I had a Wiesmann and sold it to a forum member on here who sold it to another forum member on here.
When BMW built the Z3 a hardtop had never been on the agenda so Wiesmann came up with one and later BMW started making them themselves.

Yes, the Weismann is rare and I don't want to pish on your bonfire Rul but a fitting kit without the hardtop is about as much use as a chocolate tea pot.
You're right Mike, but someone, somewhere. . . . . . . . . ;)

Tony.
 
It's a specialist market really.

Did not know I had a Weismann when I bought the car until I looked into it.
And yes, they are as rare as rocking horse sh*** and I have never seen another one on a Z.
 
Did not know I had a Weismann when I bought the car until I looked into it.
And yes, they are as rare as rocking horse sh*** and I have never seen another one on a Z.
Did David buy the fittings from you as well as the roof ? I suppose he must've if they're so different?

Tony.
 
Yes you are right! In everything really. I will give it a month otherwise will go on eBay or even Fleabay as you said.

Thanks
 
Did David buy the fittings from you as well as the roof ? I suppose he must've if they're so different?

Tony.

I did, but long story short... The Weismann fitting kit for the 1996 Z3 is different to 97 onwards.

Long story long... The '96 Z3 didn't have any extra help in place (gas/hydraulics) to get the roof back up. Post '96 Weismann fitting kits are designed around the gas/hydraulic strut. I had to disconnect my strut to fit HT's fitting kit.
 
I understand from reading somewhere that they were more popular in Germany / mainland Europe than here in the UK.

I'd put it on German or Netherlands Ebay if it were mine
 
I would of bought it off you but this time of year I am skint :(
 
I understand from reading somewhere that they were more popular in Germany / mainland Europe than here in the UK.

I'd put it on German or Netherlands Ebay if it were mine
Agree with that. With eBay's new international shipping programme I think you don't have to list it on the German site (or even post it to Germany). They add the listing to other countries Ebay it and if sold abroad you post to eBay hub in UK and they forward it on to the country.
 
Back
Top