Weird method for headlight polishing

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
View: https://youtu.be/TmyV8IvFegg

i know that its all Greek to you but this popped on my youtube feed yesterday and it seems that this guy practices some wizardry ive never seen before.
skip to 8 minutes and check.

trying to justify the 80€ he asks for this but can not find any other source to cross check if this trick works.

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
He says it is polymer and that it is a “crystalizer” and better than clear coat.
his channel is well respected in Greece and he gives some solid advice in other videos (diy dry ice etc).

DomiMik

Zorg Guru (II)
German Zeds
First time I heard of this procedure was two or three years ago. There are some german Youtubers who promote it as well, but: they offer no real explanation why it is better than clear coat (only claiming that it is so but without any details) and there are no long-term reports. I mean, if you use high quality 2k clear coat it will last several years without problems.

That's what kept me from buying the whole set, not even expensive:

Zephyr

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
I think this is just a fancy method of clear coating and thats about it.
I have sanded and clear coated the wife’s Range Rover that she uses to go to dirt roads everyday and never parks in a garage. Five years passed and they are as good as new. (And this is very surprising since they faded the third year we bought the car from new,the dealer claimed that it was due to stone chips that scratched the surface - still not buying thus excuse)….

why spend from 80 to 120€ for this… anyway…

Slam

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Zedless. Mini GP 1379
I did my Vito van headlamps 320 600 800 1200 wet and dry then clear acrylic non yellowing lacquer. Bit daunting when you start but very pleased with the results looked as good as new. All done and sprayed in less than a couple of hours.