• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

eBay Very tidy 69k mile Z3 3.0 in Cardiff

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Joined
Jun 10, 2016
Points
165
Location
Swindon & Swansea
I went to see this little baby last night. It wasn't for me but I know there are various other forum members looking for a 3.0 so as it's a good'un I thought I'd post details.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-BMW-...ster-cruise-control-3-0-not-2-8-/122599283388

upload_2017-7-15_11-36-38.webp


It's a very tidy, genuine car. Virtually rust free apart from some tiny areas on the sill cover ends. Nice clean paintwork, looks like it has had a low level respray (sill covers & bumpers) but has been done to a good standard. A few light swirls etc but nothing much a machine polish couldn't deal with and make it a spanker.

Nice engine bay, again virtually rust free apart from a couple of small bubbles on the front panel.

Very tidy interior. Excellent leather on seats. The driver's bolster needs some attention before it wears the leather on the frame though.

Absolutely loaded with every extra you can think of; Harmon Kardon, heated wing mirrors, heated headlamp washers. Cracking set of wheels. And genuine BMW boot rack and case.

Full service history and all 3 keys.

It wasn't for me as I thought it was a Sport and it wasn't. I also found black paint and black roof a bit too much but I'd imagine that would be an attraction to many.

Nice guy too. I've not listed as being ebay as I can pass on your mobile number to him so you can do it direct.

Please remember to do your own inspection of the car and history checking rather than rely soley on everything I've said.
 
I have also seen this on ebay and it ticks all the right boxes for me, its just a shame my z fund doesn't reach that price yet
 
I have also seen this on ebay and it ticks all the right boxes for me, its just a shame my z fund doesn't reach that price yet
In case of any help @Sean d . He's quite a car man and has had 3 Z3s previously. This one he's selling on behalf of his daughter. He didn't say if he'd take p/ex but with a nice bit of kit like your 2.2 you never know.
 
Great idea to go look and then post a 'review'.

This could be a wicked way of prospective buyers to assess without travelling miles to see a bit of a dog of a car.

I'm thinking of a trip to Solihull soon and knowing it's not a wasted journey would be cool.
 
Well if you'd have accepted £6k which is what I would have offered for this if I had wanted it ;)
 
But mine's better than that one! Although it looks very nice for £6,750

a/it's the M Sport
b/it has a hardtop
c/there's no rust on the sills or front panel
d/the mileage is lower
e/it has a history file 2" thick
f/the seat bolster is perfect
etc

If you'd come to see it you'd have bought it!
 
But mine's better than that one! Although it looks very nice for £6,750

a/it's the M Sport
b/it has a hardtop
c/there's no rust on the sills or front panel
d/the mileage is lower
e/it has a history file 2" thick
f/the seat bolster is perfect
etc

If you'd come to see it you'd have bought it!

Have you ever advertised your car?

I'm not sure I've ever seen it on Ebay or Autotrader.
 
It was on here a couple of months ago but l took it off sale for the time being at least.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tfp
It was on here a couple of months ago but l took it off sale for the time being at least.

Ok, I'd have thought it would sell on autotrader, the last few I've been chasing, the sellers said they'd had loads of interest.
 
Probably, but l wanted £8,000 which is the top end of Z3 prices.
Although that was with the hardtop which would sell for £6-800 if you sold the fitting kit with it.
I've never used it.
l just had a new windscreen fitted by BMW plus a new clutch as it was a bit sticky in first gear.
l's made a world of difference, even though the old clutch when they removed it was only half worn.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top