Very Short Run Out

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
car had moved no more than 20 foot and noticed a piece of wood stuck out of the tyre ...pulled it out and ..pssssssssss ffs.
so of we popped down to the tyre shop for a puncture repair....gets in there and he says he cant do it so a can of tyre weld in there and off to the next one......stops for a coffee...

so on to the next place...he has a look and say "yep no probs" and sets about it..

..he fixes the puncture then tries to get the tyre back on........and its not having it......then the tyre ripped........also he has none in stock that will fit......after 2 hours we have this..

so...after i routed round is yard i found an old avon 225 in a 17 that looked ok....so i got him to put that on to get me home.....so now have an odd size tyre on.....and total miles covered is 7!
still.....she looks good from the back...

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
it was lookin the only option at one point HT

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
Not good Wayne, how did the tyre rip was the fitter being ham fisted and is he going to do a good deal for you on a new one. ;)

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
just ordered a conti.... in the right size..
the guy really struggled to get it on and the same when i had them put on a couple of months ago...wonder why this size is so tight

no Aceman...he didnt have any other to put on and he did give it a good go and was trying to protect the rim.....it just wasnt going on

MAURICE THE MARTIAN

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z4 3.0SE AUTO
Seems i have the same prob.had the tyres taken off this week and the guy struggled for ages and manage to damage the rims.when they were put on had the same prob( different garage ).
Perhaps its a Tameside thing.
Rims are now in for powdercoating.
Need to find somewhere now for new tyres where they wont damage the rims
Moz

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

swamper

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M
if you find somewhere moz let me know please