GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi all,

I will be updating the Tapatalk code on the main site this morning. There will be a brief period where Tapatalk may appear not to work. It may also be neccessary to logout/login again afterwards.

A couple of new features added and a few bugs fixed so worthwhile doing it now.

Cheers, Gary

EDIT: Update completed without issue. Had to relogin on my iPhone, but my Android did not require it!

There are some nice new features according the the developers change log.

> Multiquotes are now possible from the program
> Image handling fixes. Images should display correctly now.
> Emoji smilie support - need to investigate this to see what it brings.
> Youtube videos should display in a post, and when clicked send you to watch it on YouTube. Previously it just didn't show a video at all.

TJ65

Dedicated Member
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Hi Gary
Don't know if it's just me but my favourites tab doesn't work now it just comes back with a "system message" saying " The requested topic does not exist "
It's not a problem but I do find it handy now and again, is there a fix?

Tim

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Hi Tim,

Just found both my Android and iPhone seem to do the same thing. Mine is fine when you choose "Favorites > Forums", but gives the error when looking at "Favorites > Topics". So it seems to only be on subscribed topics as far as I can see.

I've rechecked the settings from the upgrade this morning but all looks correct. I've logged a support request with the developer and hope they will come up with a resolution quickly.

Regards, Gary

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Just tried emoji smilies and received an SQL error. I've emailed a screen shot to you and James

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
I had an error this morning trying to post about the tickets - didn't take a screenshot :ymblushing: (and I should know better) but when i tried to submit again it said I couldn't post so soon after already posting - checked the forum and my post had gone on :-\

I'll take a screenshot next time but thought I'd mention it.. to be honest though I think I've had this before in the last few weeks, it's not just happened since the update.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
The Tapatalk support team appear to have worked their magic on the subscribed topics issue. I'm no longer receiving the message on my Android, but can't find my iPhone to check that.

Can you Tapatalk users have a look too, and I can close the support ticket with Tapatalk.

As for Snoops posting issue, let me know when you see it again and I'll have a look at that.

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Thanks for letting me know Tim. It appears to be a common issue with this new version of the server end code looking at their support forum. Has to be said the support I've had from them has been superb.

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
GazHyde said:
Has to be said the support I've had from them has been superb.
Can they sort out emoji icons?
I've just tried again and am still getting SQL errors despite updating the iPhone software :(

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
I need to look in to the Emoji issue next... Will do it as soon as I am back on my feet again ;)

EDIT: Just logged a support ticket so will see what they come back with.

EDIT 2:Tapatalk have already had this reported to them so are aware and are working on resolving it. No timescale offered by them.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
What's the differents with taptalk? As I just use the normal Internet on the iPhone.. Works fine :-\

Boysie

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster S50
z3cade said:
What's the differents with taptalk? As I just use the normal Internet on the iPhone.. Works fine :-\
i have just added the tapatalk app, still finding my about, where as with the internet connection
the text is small as with tapatalk its a larger text and easier to navigate, i hope hope!

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
I got that error again but the message went off my screen before I could get a screen shot b-( and ended up double posting coz I thought it hadn't gone on again.

Then I got this message and was asked to send an error report - any ideas Gaz?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Without the screenshot or exact error I'm not going to get anywhere with the support team. Has anyone else seen this issue using Tapatalk?

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Testing again, not getting the error now....!!!!

Snoops ont'apatalk