Event Torksey Lock Cruise and Lunch. 2023. September 10th.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
View attachment 276647
My Z is the last one in this group and after we got lined up for photo shoot I saw this Lotus pull up behind me. I Immediately ran back to apologise to the young driver for blocking the road and explained the verge is quite capable of taking his weight if he’d like to go through. His reply was “ it’s no probs I’d rather like to be in the shot and when you all decide to go I’ll tag along behind to see just how quick these Zs really are. I came straight back with “you won’t be disappointed and I bet you a score you can’t get past us we’re just too quick” he laughed and said “your on old timer “.
Walked back to the group and said “he thinks we’re all too old to go quick and he’ll be past us before the next bend so no letting him past“.
He can't beat our plan mate. Bumper to bumper he'll never get past 6 cars in a row eh?

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Big thank you for a superb day.
The drive was spectacular, a great test for both cars and drivers.
Great to meet friendly like minded people.
Heres to next year.
How was the lunch stop?

Tony.

Jam03

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Another successful Tony and Shirl Cannonball Run - thanks guys, day went smoothly and another decent route :thumbsup:

Great to catch up with old friends and to meet some more like minded folks, all in all a great day.

Grumps seemed to have sorted the weather, even though he didnt make an appearance.

Cheers Roy for your offer - much appreciated mate - really pleased you made the journey up this time, been too long

Sorry I had to dash off, and if I didnt chat or say bye, appologises.until the next one :cool:

View attachment 276605
Finally discovered the White Swan

View attachment 276607

View attachment 276609

View attachment 276611

View attachment 276613
Getting ready for a Le Mans start ?

View attachment 276615

View attachment 276617

View attachment 276619

View attachment 276621
A couple of wonderful characters
View attachment 276625

View attachment 276623
Great photos!

Toby

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Appreciation to @Toby who comes along in his lovely Lotus just to make sure this old timer plus some others don’t t get lost. Must be frustrating though looking after so many grandfathers on the road.
Thanks for taking the time. Roy.

Not at all Roy, its great craic from a decent bunch of folks - credit to you making that jorney up though.

Just waiting now for you to put ya plate on, if you decide its a keeper :cool:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter