toolkit

Tilly

Zorg Addict
HornelZ3M said:
You are not alone.

In my car I have exactly the same setup. The jack and brace are in the right of the boot in the molding as designed.

This came as standard equipment with the car and was not specified as an extra. The only extra on the original order was the boot rack and luggage case.

I admit mine may be different to the UK cars since the car is a left hooker build in Feb 1997 and supplier to a German main agent two months prior to the official press launch. The other main difference being it came with a manual hood. I am not sure if an electric one was even available then.

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
Hi Tilly, have we had photos of your car, sounds nice ;) and wheres that James when you want him :))

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
Tilly said:
I admit mine may be different to the UK cars since the car is a left hooker build in Feb 1997 and supplier to a German main agent two months prior to the official press launch. The other main difference being it came with a manual hood. I am not sure if an electric one was even available then.
Clutching at straws now Paul? :))

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
I've lost count now and you're still losing even if we allow the inclusion of the pre production model :D :-h L-) In the best Clarkson form of course :D

We'll all have to chip in and get a space saver to fit in your boot Paul so you can feel complete with your tyre jack :D

BTW: I noticed you also appear to have the original inflation kit. Did anyone bother to get them replaced with the newer version when it was required?

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
The later ///M's have the first aid kit in a different place (post facelift 04>99 ?) which is under the carpet in the place the earlier ones had space for the jack if it had been fitted as standard. So in the later ///M's its just a rectangular tray which the first aid fits in from memory.

z3cade

Zorg Guru (III)
East Anglian Crew
whats in the first aid kit? ive still got mine unopened from new :D

Also looks like the tyre inflator kit has been unused.. are they both still any good? :-?

board

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
M Roadster
z3cade said:
whats in the first aid kit? ive still got mine unopened from new :D

Also looks like the tyre inflator kit has been unused.. are they both still any good? :-?
I have a collection of various first aid kits and apart from the usual bandages etc. the perishable stuff will have long expired.

If the tyre inflator kit is the original then the sealant will be long passed its expiry. The canisters are supposed to be changed at intervals and the original inflation kits were changed, possibly when the S54s came out. I do remember that the replacement sealant would not fit the old kit so you had to buy a new unit and holder for it which was a good few hundred quid at the time. BMW Were supposed to flag this up in the servicing schedule but they never did with mine. They never said the sealant should be replaced either which is rather worrying but typical of some of the service I have had over the years from the stealers.