The worst kept secret of recent times revealed!

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Yes, it was me! I did it, I bought Canman's Z4! :-bd

Quick picture taken outside my mates house. It's alongside my Z3, which has now been adopted by him!

What can I say about the car, other than it is utterly freakin' awesome. A lot of you know this car, but for those who don't.

2004 Z4 3.0i SE Automatic. Grey with red sports interior. The list of specification and options is truly staggering, and it will take me a while to figure them out and list them.

18" Style 108 alloys, cruise control, Xenon headlamps, CD multichanger, factory satnav, electric retracting wing mirrors, heated seats, remote hood down/up operation, front fogs, headlamp wash, wind deflector - the list keeps going...

Yesterday for differing reasons was a really fantastic day. I woke at 5 am, and drove my Z3 135 miles to my mates house. Initially roof down, until I hit Worcester where the temperature plummeted and I had to put the roof up. The heater was on full blast, and I had my hoodie, scarf and thermal gloves on - but still shivering. Having put the roof up, I realise what having the Roadster actually meant. I didn't feel any real connection with the drive from that point, it felt like a car. With the roof up, it just becomes boring and the extra noise from the creaky tent overhead was plain annoying. 30 minutes later I pulled up at McD's in Birmingham for breakfast (yummy). Roof back down again, sod it, I'll suffer but at least I'll have my smile back again. Yes it was dang cold, and I shivered - but it didn't matter! The Z3 magic won again!

At my mates house we slipped in to a V6 Lexus automatic for the cruise across to Rotherham. Snow over the last days stopped us using the direct twisty route, so it was M62 and 7 sets of roadworks to get to Kevan. It was nice to finally get to meet Kevan, and I also got to meet his Z3 as well. What a thoroughly nice chap he is! (Thanks Kevan for letting me have your car, it's truly awesome!)

The usual mucking around with V5's then dashing down to pay the government for the pleasure of using their roads, and we were back off to Cheshire again. 100 miles of mixed motorway, dual carriageway and A/B roads gave me plenty of experience with the new beasty. At first, I was hesitant to use the throttle too much until I got used to the car. Each next roundabout gave a bit more confidence to increase exit speed. I'm still not use I went 100% WOT on the drive, but I can't honestly think of a time when I could actually use it. Except for James M Roadster I drove many years ago, I don't think I have been in anything as quick as this.

After a chinese takeway it was time to head back home. The temperature was pretty similar to the morning by this time, so scarf and beanie on. The heating is much better on the Z4, so was pretty comfortable the whole way home despite it being around 0 the whole way. The heated sport seats have the most comfortable driving position of any car I've owned or driven (even better than my old E39 525d).

During the drive I was reflecting on why I wanted to change cars, and whether I had made a mistake. As I sat on the M5, cruise control on at a comfortable 2,500rpm looking up at the Orion Constellation life seemed pretty good! Yes, the Z3 I had loved was now tucked up in someone elses garage, it was a sad thought, but I've moved on!

I will post some more pictures at some stage, but she needs to have 250miles of motorway muck removed before I do that.

If any one wants me, I'll be sat on my drive...

Attachments

Titan

British Zeds
Model of Z
sDrive35i
Nice one Gary :-bd
I'm surprised you found time to "come in from the cold" and write that!
Kevan will have been very sad to see it go but knows it has gone to a good home ;)

Aceman

British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Model of Z
///M Roadster
How was the sleep in it last night those red leather seats must have been comfortable :D

Glad you like the car it is a very nice piece of kit I must admit.

cmh.128

Lovely looking car you got there.Lot's of fun to be had in that.Well done..

stevie_a

Zorg Guru (IV)
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
Z3
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Nice one :coolsteer)

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR

Attachments

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
Thats so cool, I'm sat here doing my annual tax return before the tax man takes another £100 quid off me and wish I could get my Z out of hibernation instead :-?

G2JRP

Model of Z
S50 M Roadster
Jonttt said:
Thats so cool, I'm sat here doing my annual tax return before the tax man takes another £100 quid off me and wish I could get my Z out of hibernation instead :-?
Better late than never

That is a cool z4 I bet you are ell pleased

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hard top

Zorg Expert (I)
Dutch Zeds
The M44 Massive
^ Very good Titan, go to the top of the class..... :-B

Sent by Titans phone using hacktalk.

:D

Ian_C

Formerly Myredzed
Great news Gary! Enjoy :coolsteer)

Coincidentally, I managed to get the roof down in near freezing temps yesterday too. As you say it really revitalises the affection for top down motoring and reminds you why you settled on a roadster :-bd I had to be mindful of not splitting the rear screen, I guess you don't have that concern anymore!

Snoops

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
Superb love it love it.... So what time did you wake up to go look at it again and ask yourself "is this really mine" ?

Top down yesterday was amazing made you feel so alive :D

Snoops ont'apatalk

Jonttt

Zorg Addict
Model of Z
///M S54
The remote roofs are great when its really hot as you can release all the hot air before you even get in the car :-bd

HornelZ3M

Zorg Addict
Supporter
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z3M Roadster
That looks a new car, well done and a credit to canman. Bet its nice to drive. Look forward to seeing it at Silverstone :coolsteer)

S

Sorcerors Apprentice

Jonttt said:
The remote roofs are great when its really hot as you can release all the hot air before you even get in the car :-bd
As in, leave you standing on the pavement as he drives away....... :))