Tachometer

Wardrobe

Newbie
Joined
Aug 5, 2026
Points
3
Just an update on my Z3 2.0 regarding tachometer stops working after about Six miles and ASC light comes on . Then when car stood and not running , problem corrected itself till next six miles approx and issue returns. I’ve fitted new crankshaft sensor new camshaft sensor , three new wheel sensors. And sent ECU away for checking, came back no faults. One more sensor to fit , if problem still persists, then send cluster away for checking. Hopefully will prove successful, if not running out of ideas
 
You could try taking the cluster out and cleaning the plug and socket on the back, had this with mine usually a slap on the top of the binnacle brought it back to life, I did clean the plug and socket with electrical contact cleaner and its not happened since.
 
You could try taking the cluster out and cleaning the plug and socket on the back, had this with mine usually a slap on the top of the binnacle brought it back to life, I did clean the plug and socket with electrical contact cleaner and its not happened since.
Thanks for the reply , I will check it out
 
Back
Top