Super Pro( bushing)

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Just read Polyurethane Suspension Bushes the good and bad, on you tube, wondered why I've fitted what appears to be rubbish bushes after reading this on you tube. Dare not look to see how much the Super Pro actually cost. Good job I've only done a couple so far. Defo worth a read. "OUCH"
Rha, Roy.

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Aussie firm by the looks of things, hope the exchange rate is good. £57 for a std lower front control arm bush no outer shell, with Otr shell £85, DOUBLE "OUCH" :facepalm: that'll be without postage.

Rha, Roy.

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Seems to me Roy that if you have fitted the powerflex bushes properly and I'm not suggesting you haven't, then you should not have to many issues with them. The super pro bushes look good though, I like the features especially the grease retention which all helps if you have to take the suspension apart in the future.

Mike

Poprin

Zorg Legend
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster + *cough* MX5 project
I've got some sloppy handling on the font end of my Z. I haven't had it diagnosed yet but I was considering some poly bushes to tighten things up a little. What bushes to people suggest replacing because I don't really want to stiffen the ride up too much as the roads in Shropshire demand a more forgiving ride!!

EnthuZiaZT

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
Z4 28i Msport
Thinking about this a little more Roy I am not certain that what the guy is advocating is correct. The standard rubber bushes are loaded when they are installed correctly, they are not designed to move freely. If I remember correctly when you install new bushes you are not supposed to tighten the bolts up until the arms are in the horizontal position. That Loading of the bushes forms part of the calculations when calculating the spring rates for the car. It seems to me that the poly bushes imitate that loading characteristic to some extent, whether increasing the loading, stiffer suspension or standard. The point is that the designers did not intent for the arms to swing freely as in the case of the super pro bushes. I'm not sure if freeing the movement is as desirable as the video suggests.

Mike

Reactions: Rha

5harp3y

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
I've got some sloppy handling on the font end of my Z. I haven't had it diagnosed yet but I was considering some poly bushes to tighten things up a little. What bushes to people suggest replacing because I don't really want to stiffen the ride up too much as the roads in Shropshire demand a more forgiving ride!!
check the condition of the bushes first but i have done lollipop bushes with powerflex purple (mainly as they are easier to press in DIY) and i've just recievd my powerflex purple ARB bushed for the front as my rubber ones are splitting.

biggest change to mine was when i had it properly aligned.

Reactions: Rha

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
Thinking about this a little more Roy I am not certain that what the guy is advocating is correct. The standard rubber bushes are loaded when they are installed correctly, they are not designed to move freely. If I remember correctly when you install new bushes you are not supposed to tighten the bolts up until the arms are in the horizontal position. That Loading of the bushes forms part of the calculations when calculating the spring rates for the car. It seems to me that the poly bushes imitate that loading characteristic to some extent, whether increasing the loading, stiffer suspension or standard. The point is that the designers did not intent for the arms to swing freely as in the case of the super pro bushes. I'm not sure if freeing the movement is as desirable as the video suggests.

Mike
Thanks for your input Mike, but I wasn't seriously thinking of changing out my poly's to Pro anyway, it's the first I've heard of these type and was thinking if they're so good how come their selling to the public and not been overrun with orders from manufacturers, or maybe they have been rejected as OTT for the run of the mill car. Like you've said the manufacturers wouldn't use what they do if it was a serious concideration, or would they?????.:bored:
Roy:whistle:

Rha

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 coupe sport.
check the condition of the bushes first but i have done lollipop bushes with powerflex purple (mainly as they are easier to press in DIY) and i've just recievd my powerflex purple ARB bushed for the front as my rubber ones are splitting.

biggest change to mine was when i had it properly aligned.
First thing I replaced on mine @5harp3y with power-flex blue was ARB then the lollipops with the same, helped towards the terrible tram-lining and like you went straight for the wheel alignment. It's still not perfect but handling has improved.
image.jpeg