• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Subframe & Narrow Arms (Silver)

Lee

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
M Power
#ZedShed
Joined
Mar 26, 2014
Points
213
Location
Basingstoke
Model of Z
Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Trying out some changes with all the beams and arms we have laying around. We’ve changed the powder coating process to include a hot zinc process so these arms will never rust again and this time I went for silver instead of black. This is a package of two arms and beam ready for building, the finish quality . £450

7FE33A11-7B0B-413C-A877-05367A929AF2.webp

C55820FB-65E4-4A85-B17D-19A5C801B717.webp
99243BB2-FF28-443C-BE32-041ECAA47362.webp
76957804-F63F-4845-93E1-BBBB26E72C1A.webp
EE64AE10-7726-4F73-8123-B0CE051C309B.webp
3A5F749E-9745-4BB5-BF9B-461A3E81A903.webp
F5A5C7C4-174B-4905-A1E3-E98E1E5BF49A.webp
183F3A00-7532-448F-83E3-4308D20CD289.webp
 
Looks really nice. Are these off a narrow body pre-facelift?
 
They look nice Lee. Can I ask where you got them done? I'm in the middle of a rear end refresh and was about to get my subframe and trailing arms powder coated but like the idea of the extra step of hot zinc galvanizing. Do they dip them? Unfortunately my local powder coating shop do not offer this process but there must be someone in the North of England that does it!
 
They look nice Lee. Can I ask where you got them done? I'm in the middle of a rear end refresh and was about to get my subframe and trailing arms powder coated but like the idea of the extra step of hot zinc galvanizing. Do they dip them? Unfortunately my local powder coating shop do not offer this process but there must be someone in the North of England that does it!
Trying out some changes with all the beams and arms we have laying around. We’ve changed the powder coating process to include a hot zinc process so these arms will never rust again and this time I went for silver instead of black. This is a package of two arms and beam ready for building, the finish quality . £450

View attachment 241083
View attachment 241079View attachment 241081View attachment 241085View attachment 241087View attachment 241089View attachment 241093View attachment 241091
I here a lot about rear end rebuilds is this common on Z4 roadster and at what point in there life. My one is 2003 has a bit surface rust but doesn't look serious to me. MOT in two month I will hear the worst then.
 
They look nice Lee. Can I ask where you got them done? I'm in the middle of a rear end refresh and was about to get my subframe and trailing arms powder coated but like the idea of the extra step of hot zinc galvanizing. Do they dip them? Unfortunately my local powder coating shop do not offer this process but there must be someone in the North of England that does it!

Hi Dave sorry didn’t see this reply. I got them done at my local powder coaters which I actually use with work. They allowed me to start a personal contract with them. I’ve never seen the process so couldnt Say.

I here a lot about rear end rebuilds is this common on Z4 roadster and at what point in there life. My one is 2003 has a bit surface rust but doesn't look serious to me. MOT in two month I will hear the worst then.

The subframe rebuild stuff you see a lot of is mostly done on the Z3 they’re at the age where if they’re not rebuilt and recoated the weather eats the arms and you get holes.

The z4 is a much more robust design but only a few years away from being in the same boat as the Z3. Because the subframe on the Z4 is so sturdy it has a lot more bushes, you can double the amount of hours needed to rebuild it like we do with the Z3. Least parts are in plentiful supply.
 
Back
Top