• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

SOLD Style 18 Wheels 17"

When you get them refurbished slightly different they do look good. Just saying :whistle:

ED1299D8-AC49-4073-8BD8-E6C4A2B69D00.webp
 
OK, I had a very good wheel refurbishment place which spent a good morning going through different colours and what could be possible. The shadow chrome was just too harsh.. So we then went through the process of spraying different shades to get something which just popped... with the Estoril Blue. It is actually Anthracite with a Chrome Dusting. I gave the wheel sprayer a free range regarding the actual finish as she seemed excellent in getting the blending just right. It was not cheap, but you can understand why I was and still am very happy with the finish.

So don't be a sheep, and ask for what you want. You might be surprised with the results. Just look at @Sean d and the lovely work he has done on his Zed too.

IMG_4214.webp
IMG_3622.webp
 
We are only limited by our own imagination .................................. :thumbsup:

Tony.
 
Indeed Tony, but some do not like to be seen to be different because of what people might think and say. Its a pity but one reason I like this forum is the fact you get support and some very good feedback to mod's... etc.. Thats the car type of mod.. not the HT type.. :ymdevil: We have full understanding about the feed back on that topic.
 
I am all sorted now, thanks

Somebody asked me why did I change the MV3 wheels that I have on the avatar picture. It was because they were on the car when I bought it and they turned out to be replicas and I didn't know anything about them, I was worried if I hit a pot hole they might crack, or even worse shatter.
So that's why I wanted an OEM set and have ended up going for the style 18s as I think they suit a silver zed.

20180217_121517.webp
 
I currently have a set of 16" style 42s on the zed and they are a nightmare to clean, I reckon the style 18s will only take half as long to polish. lol.
As mentioned before I have a pre facelift in Artic Silver which I think the style 18s will suit. The only issue is the staggered rear wheels on the narrow 1.9
I will hold on to my 42s as they are iconic
View attachment 72588
I picked up a pair of 17"x8.5 style 18. What size tires do you recommend on a 97 1.9? JIM
 
I picked up a pair of 17"x8.5 style 18. What size tires do you recommend on a 97 1.9? JIM
These are 17" but 7.5J all round. (not staggered) I've got 225/45/17 on them all.
 
These are 17" but 7.5J all round. (not staggered) I've got 225/45/17 on them all.

Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I have on my car presently but when I found a deal on about six or seven items which included an 8.5 x17 wheel which had been on the fellows ///m for a week before he was in a minor accident they replaced the wheel with a new one because the "old" one had a mark nearly invisible to my eye.Then they told him to keep it as they would just scrap it he snagged it and then sold the car shortly after, thus the pile of goodies for sale all or none for $120. It also included a Bentley manual and a Peale code reader!! Still smiling even now!!! JIM
 
Back
Top