• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

For Sale Stainless Steel Gear Knobs - Various Styles

Martin Sullivan

www.ZEDonist.com - ZED Parts
Supporter
British Zeds
Joined
Jul 7, 2020
Points
67
Location
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Model of Z
3.0 Roadster
Hi all,

I have the facility to manufacture stainless steel gear knobs.

I have a small batch run complete which includes:
“Z3” 5 speed
“Z4” 5 speed
“Z4” 6 speed
5 speed etching
6 speed etching

The part is made from 304 stainless steel and weighs approximately 550g (1lb 3oz).

They are polished to give a high reflective and very clean finish.

We have engraved 3 parallel lines around the centre of the gear knob for a unique design. A homage to the Z3.

The gear knob is designed to fit the 14mm BMW gear shift shaft which is standard across multiple BMW models.

The gear knob will be held in place with 3 nylon tipped grub screws. It is a precise fit so there is little movement. Combined with the nylon grub screws the gear knob should always be secure.

I’ll be looking to sell them for £60 each to forum members including postage based on a pre-order basis.
Available now.
68A9FE3B-18D2-4044-8B67-2FF689FB679E.jpeg

8157005C-2C9F-4E60-8250-524E8CFF44AE.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Luckily mine is ‘no name’ brand :whistle:
4F4E691C-C76A-45A4-8F2E-792B27BABED5.webp


these new ones are lovely - liking the polished part and detailing:cool:

what do they weigh?
 
That’s a good comment @Z Victor 1
There is a 5 speed Z4 available but I haven’t got one made up to photograph. I’ll add it to the original post.

I have to admit I’m not overly sure how common the 5 speed vs 6 speed is.
 
Fitted mine today, very nice.Took a photo, but it was in the garage and isn't very good. If we have a dry day I'll try again. :D
 
Back
Top