Tony.

Jamezee

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.2 sport, Z4 Coupe 3.0Si, E38 728i Oxford green and beige interior
That's just the van ones though?

Tony.
Yes but the mobile ones are pretty visible compared to a fixed camera. Not sure about the hiding in a bush scenario but think they are generally in built up areas or accident black spots! TBH I very rarely see any traffic enforcement anywhere these days as the cops are being used to police social media for hurty words. :rolleyes:

Attachments

Toby

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
Yes but the mobile ones are pretty visible compared to a fixed camera. Not sure about the hiding in a bush scenario but think they are generally in built up areas or accident black spots! TBH I very rarely see any traffic enforcement anywhere these days as the cops are being used to police social media for hurty words. :rolleyes:

Camaera vans going stealth since last year - if thats not revenue raising !! If you see them you slow down, job done, as thats their supposedly aim - by accounts of camera van operators - if you dont you get a fine, a week later :cool:

as400

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
Model of Z
2.8 Widebody
God I remember my Snooper detector many years ago, driving down a high street all the shops with automatic opening doors would set it off!

bronty

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 auto pre facelift
The detector turned up today
So I took it for a run past 2 local fixed speed cameras
The first one it said something when approaching say 200 yards away could not make out what it said
The second camera it again said something again not sure what but only as I was 10 yard from the camera
Not very impressed with the build quality it feels very cheap and will not stay on the dashboard of my Range Rover not tried it with the Z3 yet

Jam03

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.2i
Unless these things actually detect the presence of a working speed camera or other detection device they are a waste in my view. Waze already has all the known fixed locations shown and additionally tells you if they’re actually working. Also, the live user input alerts and hazard warnings are very useful and mostly accurate.

bronty

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 auto pre facelift
So far I would agree it is not very good I would give it 3 out 10 at best
The company will not answer any emails on the subject of a return so it is keep it or get in touch with my bank
Or give it the mother in law for Christmas
Fortunately I have not come across any mobile speed camera yet