Speed Camera Detector.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Does anyone here have this particular item.

https://api.taboola.com/2.0/json/msn-uk/recommendations.notify-click?app.type=bidder&app.apikey=69629143827c91b118c7e0dc9f2a4eb0059feae9&response.id=__2eae5708efd9710f8d8091d33a117f43__f5dfea617def1a20672d79e09c045302&response.session=v2_701bcc38ccb6f75bbfeebfb0e1de4f4b_104D89F60E5E66A90AE29D710F27679F_1716389072_1716389072_CNawjgYQprw-GOjMpZ-1tfLfwwEgASgFME04p_INQPONEEjTiNgDUP___________wFYAGAAaOXzwazgre_VngFwAQ&item.id=%7E%7EV1%7E%7E-288656069572548743%7E%7EJ5ZP1ONtujxzseSKqxFrlRUjbrOB5xEacwFkp6b5zTjpZyC7dGVdvKnSHsaHrNsFcNKL5Ai8akE8dRbzvkGiZG8nXstONZ3saqgRJJ-Rg_tPgj5hcXgRT6IY51ZxDdcSlID4ecMu4DzY63bKD5-8hZfKvPO_RtweQf76M9PNutBKhw4o3yk0CLsVauhnR2tWGXLwsS3fkWtpBPA0sLI4ou6OSXJBu4W_I5JWq_ZEy3uxIySNZlkzpP_UlZM7-gksMO7Tswj5WH4cylUjQLFLHQ&item.type=text&sig=3cafc1f083ebb601edc4d85b416fb1cb7953916972d3&redir=https%3A%2F%2Fsotrends.com%2Fdetectx-pro-uk%2F%3Futm_source%3Dtaboola%26utm_medium%3Dreferral%26tblci%3DGiBCmLzbHGY-teFowGnPUtaSPRJX492MMkwxt0MgLe9abyCPsmYo0_aZtbTUy4lLMKa8Pg%23tblciGiBCmLzbHGY-teFowGnPUtaSPRJX492MMkwxt0MgLe9abyCPsmYo0_aZtbTUy4lLMKa8Pg&ui=104D89F60E5E66A90AE29D710F27679F&cpb=GI8RIIzSASoZYW0udGFib29sYXN5bmRpY2F0aW9uLmNvbTIIdHJjNDAxOTI4gNLfnQNAp_INSPONEFDTiNgDWP___________wFjCNNXEMZzGDBkYwj6NxDFShgyZGMI1xYQ1R8YI2RjCNz__________wEQ3P__________ARgkZGMI0AwQ8BIYF2RjCNIDEOAGGAhkYwiWFBCaHBgYZGMIgFUQsnAYPmRjCPQUEJ4dGB9kYwikJxCDNRgvZGogMzBlYTM0YTkzNTY5NGEzZTljM2EzYjY0YTdjMzJhZmZ4A4ABv8ICiAHM_vzTApABNZgB2pqLhvoxogEIU0NPTk1TRlSqAQlTQ09OX01TRlSyAQRNU0ZUugEEdGV4dMABprcDygECYW3bARAB3AE&viperAppType=SCONMSFT

Im curious as to why it is ”legal” to use where as others are not.

Tony.

as400

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
Model of Z
2.8 Widebody

BuxtonZ3Guy

Zorg Addict
But when that sneaky camera van sets up shop just around that blind bend will it detect that?
Yes, it will. The Road Angel system will alert you to known safety camera van locations. The database is updated regularly with this kind of information. Here is an image of my Z showing where I have the Road Angel
Road Angel Z3.jpg
unit mounted (top right).

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
This particular item looks like a scam to me. Only been able to find one "review" type post other than the sellers site and that's saying "you've taken my money, where's my stuff".

BuxtonZ3Guy

Zorg Addict
This particular item looks like a scam to me. Only been able to find one "review" type post other than the sellers site and that's saying "you've taken my money, where's my stuff".
Forgive me but that's simply not true. I've had mine for years. It's definitely not a scam.

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Forgive me but that's simply not true. I've had mine for years. It's definitely not a scam.
This particular model or the same type of device?

You said you have a Road Angel, which I appreciate have been around for years. The item in the link provided isn't a Road Angel and looks like a scam in my opinion.

Last edited:

BuxtonZ3Guy

Zorg Addict
I can't speak for or recommend other devices. The link I posted is directly to the Road Angel website. How can it not look like the Road Angel site? I repeat, it's not a scam.

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
I've never owned an actual 'detector' before. Do they actually 'detect' speed traps nowadays or is it mainly a live database of camera locations? My SatNav does that. Would I benefit from an actual detector?

If they do detect, how do they do it? I mean if I rig up a standard digital camera to take 2 pictures half a second apart and then have software that compares the two pictures to calculate how far an object has moved in the given time period then it's simple to calculate the speed. It's just two photos. No radar. No microwaves. Speed traps that work on that basis. Can they be detected?

Last edited:

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
I can't speak for or recommend other devices. The link I posted is directly to the Road Angel website. How can it not look like the Road Angel site? I repeat, it's not a scam.
I don't think keet is saying that your road angel is a scam. He's talking about the first poster's link to the Sortrends DetectX product.

Toby

Zorg Guru (III)
British Zeds
I mean if I rig up a standard digital camera to take 2 pictures half a second apart and then have software that compares the two pictures to calculate how far an object has moved in the given time period then it's simple to calculate the speed. It's just two photos. No radar. No microwaves. Speed traps that work on that basis. Can they be detected?
AFAIK thats not how speed traps work - they 'ping' the target twice with a laser, to detect the speed and then take a picture of the offender. Mobile ones arent supposed to target every vehicle either, only ones the operator thinks are speeding.

These detectors supposedly detect the laser by scanning all the fequencies they use within the area, so alerting you therws one in the area. Pinp[oints by using a known data base of potential camera locations :cool:

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
AFAIK thats not how speed traps work - they 'ping' the target twice with a laser, to detect the speed and then take a picture of the offender. Mobile ones arent supposed to target every vehicle either, only ones the operator thinks are speeding.

These detectors supposedly detect the laser by scanning all the fequencies they use within the area, so alerting you therws one in the area. Pinp[oints by using a known data base of potential camera locations :cool:
It doesn't take much computer/processing power to use radar or laser to ping 100's of targets looking for one that's going too quick. A photo is then taken for evidence. Doesn't need much processing power. Been around for years.

It's the radar or laser that the detectors detect.

But I'm not talking about radar or laser I'm talking about using modern processing power to record continuous video at a couple of frames per second. Modern processing power is well able to compare each subsequent frame to decide if a target is in the frame and how fast that target is moving. No detectable radar or laser.

Talking of radar. What about false alarms? My merc has radar. Doesn't that set some detectors off?

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
It doesn't take much computer/processing power to use radar or laser to ping 100's of targets looking for one that's going too quick. A photo is then taken for evidence. Doesn't need much processing power. Been around for years.

It's the radar or laser that the detectors detect.

But I'm not talking about radar or laser I'm talking about using modern processing power to record continuous video at a couple of frames per second. Modern processing power is well able to compare each subsequent frame to decide if a target is in the frame and how fast that target is moving. No detectable radar or laser.

Talking of radar. What about false alarms? My merc has radar. Doesn't that set some detectors off?
I think what I'm saying is that the way processing power is improving means that it is possible to detect speeders without using detectable radar etc. It can be done purely by video processing. Might be too costly for a while but won't be long.

bertiejaffa

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3M
Just out of interest I wonder if it can detect the recording equipment in an unmarked police car... I dont know how the stuff in the police car works but on a recent rally with another group of friends an unmarked car pulled the leading 2 cars... alright they were doing 142 mph at the time but maybe if they had got an alert the recorded speed could at least have been lower :whistle:

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
I'm talking about the original link in the first post. The one the thread is about!

Duncodin

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
Model of Z
Z3 M44
Just out of interest I wonder if it can detect the recording equipment in an unmarked police car... I dont know how the stuff in the police car works but on a recent rally with another group of friends an unmarked car pulled the leading 2 cars... alright they were doing 142 mph at the time but maybe if they had got an alert the recorded speed could at least have been lower :whistle:
I'd assume there's radar or laser if the cops need to know the actual speed to within 10% +2. But a couple of cops, without any equipment, who follow the offender over a known distance and who make a statement in court would likely be enough to get a conviction.

Keet

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i M Sport
Speed detection equipment in patrol cars is undetectable as it's no more than a glorified calculator measuring distance over time

bronty

Zorg Addict
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 auto pre facelift