• You can only post For Sale adverts once you have been a member for 3 days and made 5 posts elsewhere on the site.

eBay Spanker of a 2.2 Sport on ebay 27k miles

To summerise, I've bought hundreds of cars, and I'm put right off when an advert says "relisted due to time waster"

And I'm put right off if a seller wants a £500 up front payment "non refundable" when I haven't seen the car.

Neither bothers me. In fact I see both as an opportunity.

If someone has been let down by a buyer they may be more keen to sell having had their time wasted. Perhaps a discount awaits for a quick sale.

And a £500 deposit clearly puts at least you off and probably others. So less people for me to compete with :)

I also tend to associate those who lay down stipulations like that as being business like. Though clearly you need your eyes open to fraudsters.

Now whether I'd actually part with £500 before seeing the car is a different matter. Like I say, I'd rather travel and do business face to face there and then.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tfp
Now whether I'd actually part with £500 before seeing the car is a different matter. Like I say, I'd rather travel and do business face to face there and then.

Yes me too.

That's the point I was trying to make.

The car looks genuine in the advert, shame because people will be put off if they're not local enough to go visit.
 
Back
Top