Loose handbrake cable
Loose handbrake mech in disc
Fuel tank straps
Broken heat shields, the nuts rust, could be rattling on exhaust
Broken cat

Romeo

Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Thanks Zedonist, it's more at the front around the engine, difficult to tell which side but possibly my side.
I'll ask my good friend to use his ramp, am sure he'll be pleased to see me again !! :banghead:

Romeo

Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Yeah I hope it will be a simple fix !

Romeo

Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Back from the garage and it was a heat shield but... As I pulled away I heard the dreaded noise again... Arrrr !
There is definitely another rattles. They inspected under the car and didn't find anything else, very hard to identify what it could be. I spent all afternoon under the car and I am sure it not coming from the front bumper. Sometimes it seems to happen when I turn the wheel as low speed and even when driving on bumpy roads. Very annoying...:grumpy:

vintage42

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
there is a very annoying rattle under the front of the car... almost sounds like a loose cable or something like that... ... it does the same as I turned the wheel when I pulled away from my drive at less than 5 mph last night, so it could be from the steering ?
... Sometimes it seems to happen when I turn the wheel as low speed and even when driving on bumpy roads...
What about the wires around the struts. Are they properly secured in their clips?

Z

zedonist

I would consider all the ball joints and the top mount bearing

Romeo

Model of Z
Z3 2.0
the ball joint... Yeah haven't thought about that. Wires are good I think. Will have a look under...

Romeo

Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Got the car inspected and it's none of the above... Have a guess.
Apparently the engine mounts are shot ! Have two on order... Yippee I think we've cracked it !! :cool:
Not sure if anybody had a similar issue ?

Disky

Apprentice Zedder
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Wow, this is an old post, but very de ja vue of what I'm experiencing at present,,,,, very spooky

Oldham1994

Dedicated Member
Got the car inspected and it's none of the above... Have a guess.
Apparently the engine mounts are shot ! Have two on order... Yippee I think we've cracked it !! :cool:
Not sure if anybody had a similar issue ?
I might be a few years late to the party but.. did you get to the bottom of the slow revving issue? I have a similar issue, very slight laziness to rev when cold but disappears when warm. No air leaks and recently been serviced. I'm thinking it might be the throttle cable.