SK0FLY'S New Home

1955Davidr

Dedicated Member
I still can't quite believe that I am now the current custodian of this gorgeous Z3. Taffdaddy set a pretty high bar and there is not much I can add to the car, just waiting for a new set of mats and Storm werks gear knob. On the drive back from Worcester I noticed a very slight judder from the front discs so a set of Mtec discs and mintex pads went on earlier this week. Lately I have used satin black for calipers and the parts of the disc's that rust, but I had a tin of copper paint so tried this on the calipers as a change from the usual, as soon as it was done I decided it wasn't for Skofly so next day used a tin of Hammerite hammered copper, that's what it said on the tin anyway, I would call it smooth gold but who am I to say ICI have got it wrong, still not sure on them but will leave as is until inspiration strikes.
2z3.jpg

TaffDaddy

Zorg Guru (III)
Hi David, good to see you're starting to make it your own.

I think it looks good but then I'm biased as it's the same colour as my new car :thumbsup:

Devon Z

Zorg Guru (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
99 Topaz Individual
That looks like it could be a good match for Topaz Blue leather and correct floor fittings too, got a link?

1955Davidr

Dedicated Member
Try this i went for Navy Blue

go to the exclusive option to get all the colours.

Scooblitz

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Scottish Zeds
Model of Z
I still can't quite believe that I am now the current custodian of this gorgeous Z3. Taffdaddy set a pretty high bar and there is not much I can add to the car, just waiting for a new set of mats and Storm werks gear knob. On the drive back from Worcester I noticed a very slight judder from the front discs so a set of Mtec discs and mintex pads went on earlier this week. Lately I have used satin black for calipers and the parts of the disc's that rust, but I had a tin of copper paint so tried this on the calipers as a change from the usual, as soon as it was done I decided it wasn't for Skofly so next day used a tin of Hammerite hammered copper, that's what it said on the tin anyway, I would call it smooth gold but who am I to say ICI have got it wrong, still not sure on them but will leave as is until inspiration strikes.View attachment 260757
Went for the gold/copper look myself. Was meant to be darker but kinda like it.

IMG_20200831_201612.jpg

1955Davidr

Dedicated Member
That looks great copper seems to work well with dark paintwork, I used it for a dark red car and it really looked good but on the Z it didn't work for me

1955Davidr

Dedicated Member
Been way too busy to get some decent photos taken. But SKOFLY is now ODD, should really be OCD. Couldn’t somehow relate to old reg so went for this as a cheapish replacement that fits my OCD.
IMG_3650.jpeg

Still trying to teach the pup to drive, clearly she wants LHD.

1955Davidr

Dedicated Member
I can’t believe it but a year ago tomorrow I bought a one way ticket from Blackpool to Worcester and came back in this gorgeous roadster.

After nearly 3000 miles I have enjoyed every single one of them and still love any trip I can manage in it, the beach is around 1/4 mile away but I usually manage five or six miles a day to walk the dog, always take the long way round.

I have had a few very minor issues, the bonnet release jammed and needed a PHD in origami to replace but got there in the end. The drivers side armrest came away but repaired quite well and I added VW T5 door pulls to take the strain, just like the ones my Beetle had back in 1979. At the same time I decided to refinish the drivers side door mirror, not the best finish but am happy with it.

Looking forward to the next year enjoying this great car, going to Oulton for the BMWCC meet early June and Local Zedfest.

VW door pull

IMG_3838.jpegIMG_0040.pngIMG_3837.jpeg

1955Davidr

Dedicated Member
Forgot to mention the flat bottom steering wheel which makes it easier to get my arthritic knees under. I treated it with Turtle Wax Ceramic polish last autumn and still impressed with the shine and beading still showing.

In the next week or so I will get round to refurbing the passenger seat with the kit kindly supplied by Taffdaddy, in the sun, a rare thing nowadays, I can see the difference with the drivers seat that had already been done. The up and down seat motor is playing up as well as the sensor I believe is under there so the car knows if it has overturned so three birds with one stone!

IMG_3842.jpeg