Simple Bluetooth & Handsfree Phone Solution

Vinny

Dedicated Member
Just received the Bluetooth adaptor it all looks as you described and seems to be plug and play. Which is good because that suits my skill set.
In the box there is a short loom with a black plug either end plus a set of wires that terminate in a white plug. What does this connect to?
The instructions do not show where this loom fits

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Just received the Bluetooth adaptor it all looks as you described and seems to be plug and play. Which is good because that suits my skill set.
In the box there is a short loom with a black plug either end plus a set of wires that terminate in a white plug. What does this connect to?
The instructions do not show where this loom fits
What's the model you bought? Some of them just connect to the proprietary BMW connector (black, 16 round connectors), the the white connector connects to the serial port, that connects to the unit:

Serial_connector.jpg

That's if you gone for this adapter for the CD43:

Bluetooth Music Hands free MP3 adapter Fits BMW E46 Z3 Business radio

Vinny

Dedicated Member
Yes I have the one in your response.
The instructions show the serial lead from the adaptor fitting direct into the CD socket on the radio.
So it depends upon the radio and what socket is on the back.

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
Has anyone had any issues with this where there is no audio playing?

everything is plugged in ok, I can connect my phone to it, and I can see on my phone that I can skip songs with the stereo controls. But even though the stereo volume is up, and my phone volume is up, there is no actual music coming through the speakers. (Edit to add: The music is playing on my phone, i.e. the elapsed time is counting up).

i've reached out to the ebay seller to see if they can help, but thought I'd ask if any of you kind folk have had similar or know what the issue might be

Mus Musculus

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Has anyone had any issues with this where there is no audio playing?

everything is plugged in ok, I can connect my phone to it, and I can see on my phone that I can skip songs with the stereo controls. But even though the stereo volume is up, and my phone volume is up, there is no actual music coming through the speakers. (Edit to add: The music is playing on my phone, i.e. the elapsed time is counting up).

i've reached out to the ebay seller to see if they can help, but thought I'd ask if any of you kind folk have had similar or know what the issue might be
s, I had this problem once. Resolved by 'forgetting' (iPhone) the device, then adding it again.

Zorg Legend
Model of Z
M Coupe 3.2 S50
2 things as I had exactly this when I first installed....

1. have you got a CD changer & if you have, you must ensure it's physically unplugged AT THE CHANGER - just disconnecting it from the headunit for some reason isn't enough.
2. make sure the plug into the CD change port behind the radio is FULLY pushed in. I initially thought it was plugged in, but when I took it out and pushed if firmly it went in a further 5mm and then connected the sound.

Vinny

Dedicated Member
I have similar problems currently plus cannot hear anyone phoning me.

The instructions recommended unplugging and re plugging.
Going to try this if it stops raining long enough

John_B

Zorg Guru (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 2.8 pre-facelift (Izzy)
2 things as I had exactly this when I first installed....

1. have you got a CD changer & if you have, you must ensure it's physically unplugged AT THE CHANGER - just disconnecting it from the headunit for some reason isn't enough.
2. make sure the plug into the CD change port behind the radio is FULLY pushed in. I initially thought it was plugged in, but when I took it out and pushed if firmly it went in a further 5mm and then connected the sound.
No CD changer, but I'll double check the connectors tomorrow.

thanks!

Vinny

Dedicated Member
Refitted all of the plugs today still no joy.
Looking at the new loom / block that plugs into the back of the head unit it contains a separate lead/plug that fits into the cd changer socket
Don't know why but the thought came to me that this could be the wrong way round. Removed it from the block and turned it over.
Refitted and hey pesto all working fine:thumbsup: