Event Shropshire Mini Cruise SUNDAY 29th APRIL 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazzzydog

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Ok, if I put the start time back an hour could the lady wife go to bed early Saturday night and be at Prees Heath for 09.00 ? Maybe 08.00 was a bit early but I am trying to make a balance between having a decent run and leaving enough time at the end to view the Museum. Details are up for adjustment so anybody else got thoughts on the start time?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Hi Tony, the grandkids will have to come because they're the only ones with a Mini!;)
20171001_161047.jpg

20171015_114303.jpg

Tony.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Ha,Ha. Sorry for the OT mate.

Tony.

colb

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 M43 1.8 (1999) and Z4 E85 2.5 (2003)
9.00am start is pushing it for those staying locally to get their breakfasts on a Sunday, where we are staying they serve 08:00 - 10:00 For us a 9:30 or 10:00 for a start time would be better. If we miss the start time then having the route we can always catch up.

Last edited:

Lazzzydog

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
9.00am start is pushing it for those staying locally to get their breakfasts on a Sunday, where we are staying they serve 08:00 - 10:00 For us a 9:30 or 10:00 for a start time would be better. If we miss the start time then having the route we can always catch up.
Sorted I think. The last group will not leave until 10 o clock which should allow for breakfast and give time for anybody who encounters problems on the way there.
This will give us about 3 hours cruising time and 2 half hour breaks.
We should arrive at Cosford around 14.00 so I suggest that anybody who requires lunch either brings a picnic to eat as and when or buys something at Cosford. There is a cafe and a mobile hot food van on site.
I will amend the first post well in advance of Cruise day to reflect these points once they are firm.
Tony

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Oh dear this and the Lakes run clash :arghh:

Lazzzydog

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Yes it will cause a few people to make a choice. Do not feel uncomfortable if you decide to do the lakes instead as it is a beautiful drive. Andy puts a great run together. We did the last one and had a really good day out.

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Yes it will cause a few people to make a choice. Do not feel uncomfortable if you decide to do the lakes instead as it is a beautiful drive. Andy puts a great run together. We did the last one and had a really good day out.
No worries I've cancelled the lakes to do this one :thumbsup:

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I have just realised that this is the day after the lakes so I could do both. Could you add me to the list please. :)
Blimey Mike your a busy boy Lol! :rally:

mid life crisis

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
Hi @Lazzzydog as I mentioned yesterday now that you have finalised a date for this cruise I'm afraid we will have to pull out due to it clashing with holidays.
Hope to join you on another one soon
Regards
Gary

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
We are probably looking at splitting into two groups so I will need a volunteer to lead a second group and as it is early days and others might join possibly even a third and fourth group.
If you end up with 24 cars I would definitely split into 3 groups maybe even 4 if you can get the group leaders

I'll lead a group if you need me to as long as you can supply a satnav file for my tomtom. MyRoute is a good one, or TYRE

N

Last edited:

Nodzed

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
M Power
Model of Z
Z3M Imola and Z4 (e89)
Ok. We will start from the lorry park at Prees Heath roundabout roughly 2 miles south of Whitchurch on the A41. It has plenty of space for parking and there are cafes and a filling station adjacent for early birds who want a breakfast and a top up of petrol.
Midway Truckstop or Lynn's Raven Cafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.