Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
on another note, I think we all ought to be paying another couple of pence in income tax,
Would we all really miss £500 a year (average wage) but this would generate £billions for essential services. I for one would like to see a bit more spent on something we all rely on.
We all pay extra pence for fuel without batting really an eyelid because we know the reward we get back.
Absolutely Pete. A sensible post instead of all the s*** I've had to read on this thread this afternoon. Scalex won't like it though, he doesn't want to see anything raise to compensate for the problems we are facing.

Bampz

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
So your more concerned about your pocket than peoples health and saving lives. Quality.....:rolleyes:
It would be great if everybody could stay home and be safe but the country needs to try to function to keep the economy ticking over to help pay for medical supplies , ppe , ventilators , vouchers for children to eat the list goes on and on , if these workers cannot do their job in safety then surely this is the fault of said companies who should be named and shamed for future reference and not people who are ordering online for various reasons

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
I can't really say much as I've had more car part delivery's in the last two weeks than I've had in two months =))

I feel like I'm single-handedly keeping our Economy ticking over :D
Yep me too, got a constant run of deliveries, I should be flying to Vietnam today, I took a voucher instead of a refund for £2.5k, must go and order some more stuff to get through the £4k spending money, :D

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
Firstly, I am not trying to enter into any 'discussion' or baiting,
I just thought the NHS needs more money now, for something that we all have put extra pressure on, even during normal times. We are all living longer and living longer means more population that can have accidents or get illnesses, let alone the rise in associated conditions that come with it, Dementia, Alzheimer's and ....I forget the others.
Living longer means that when we have stopped paying we are lasting longer then also likely to use it more,
Better than raising the retirement age to pay for it, would be to raise the tax rate, and give young people a job earlier, and let us retire on time.

Vote for me next year, I wont promise free broadband like that other clown.....!

but you will get a free sausage with every car part

Last edited:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
on another note, I think we all ought to be paying another couple of pence in income tax,
Would we all really miss £500 a year (average wage) but this would generate £billions for essential services. I for one would like to see a bit more spent on something we all rely on.
We all pay extra pence for fuel without batting really an eyelid because we know the reward we get back.
A good idea, they do this now and again in some counties in Florida to generate extra money for new schools, roads and Hospitals etc. People are allowed to vote for it yes/no, thing is after the money has been raised from the so called "penny tax" like here it never goes back down which is why they face a bigger struggle each time to raise taxes.
I'm not ordering any more or less than before a month ago but I do think it is important to keep the economy ticking over if possible. Self employed couriers are only working because they can/want to same as our son (he can manage 2 days work between having his daughter and taking her back to her mother, giving him 7 days to know he is still well). I suspect some find it better to be out than at home.

Tony.

Jack Ratt

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
The West Country
Model of Z
2.8i AUTO and 2.8i MANUAL
According to information I read earlier today, the Coronavirus does not survive more than a few hours on fabic, paper or cardboard type surfaces. It can survive for days on hard surfaces like tables, worktops etc. Letters, newspapers, parcels etc are low risk unless the person delivering them are infected

Ianmc

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
Z3 (M44)
I think we had an unwritten forum agreement not to engage in Brexit discussions last year. Think same is required here or this great forum is in jeopardy.:(

Bampz

Zorg Guru (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
This would be a great idea which I'm sure would get national support but the cynic in me thinks it would go the same way as road fund tax and go elsewhere regardless who was in power except @gookah as it was his idea

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Not at all, just quoting what you said, or did you not say it??? You are more concerned about taxes raising to cover imminent costs than the health of warehouse pickers, delivery drivers etc, then again you probably see them as beneath you are don't care, just minimum wage workers which nobody is bothered about aslong as you can get your important stuff to your door. Utter bloody garbage. :mad:

I'm done with this thread and won't reply to anything else.
You’re totally out of order saying that. I’ve kept it respectful and that isn’t.

mrscalex

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
3rd Party Trader
Absolutely Pete. A sensible post instead of all the s*** I've had to read on this thread this afternoon. Scalex won't like it though, he doesn't want to see anything raise to compensate for the problems we are facing.
Show me where I said that. You can’t because I didn’t say it. I didn’t say either way. It just proves you make up your own cr*p to suit.

I said those who advocate not using postal services will need to accept the additional cost to the nation over and above the position we are already in.

I fully expect 2-3p on income tax to pay for everything and I’m fine with it. I’m not fine with 5p on income tax as a result of everyone being laid off unnecessarily and conceivably against their will.

This isn’t a national holiday. If we can work safely then we should be.

Redline

Zorg Expert (I)
British Zeds
Model of Z
E89 20i msport
In case you've not seen it, Amazon's operation in the US is getting deeper in to trouble regarding safety.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/30/...se-coronavirus-covid-new-york-protest-walkout

Same in Spain and other countries.

Here in the UK, they have done little and have little to say on their website to give confidence that their workers are operating in a safe environment.

Bezos simply says business must continue. Business before workers?

Would be useful to have views from the UK. Anyone able to give an informed opinion?

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Anyone surprised I've locked this?

For those that are... it's the bitching at each other.

A final quote from dear Terry...

"He didn’t look around, and watch and learn, and then say, ‘This is how people are, how do we deal with it?’ No, he sat and thought: ‘This is how the people ought to be, how can we change them?’ And that was a good enough thought for a priest but not for a copper ... "

GazHyde

Administrator
Administrator
Global Moderator
M Power
Model of Z
Z4 MR
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.