Found seat rail flex drive shafts

tom in fla

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
z3 roadster
Hey gang,
I know I've brought this up before, but I am still looking for 2 flex drive shafts for my passenger seat. If you have done the seat bushings mod, you have touched these cables/shafts/flex drives. they are at the very end of the kabob...2 per seat. these are NOT what you get if you order #4 off the OEM page. I talked at length to Pelican parts, and they knew what I was talking about, but he couldn't find a part number on them, either. so I think I need a junked seat to get a pair. I have no good junkyards nearby. Does anyone have a part number or an old seat base and want to make a few bucks?? since both of mine are shot, I have no working seat for my passengers, and I have already set the airbag light off on the dash. I will get that reset when I get the seat back together properly. thanks for any help. heres a pic of needed part. battery and chapstick for size comparison
IMG_0457.JPG

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I know someone who's going over in February if that's any use? I don't know how big/heavy these bits are so let me know if I can help.

Tony.

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Nice one @Lee and @spurs fan in a coupe!! That's performance above and beyond! Way to go and good luck for you @tom in fla,how easy was that?? This forum is great for this kind of thing with a lot of caring people willing to help any way they can! I've personally been able to receive this kind of offer from several different members and resiprocate when I can!!

tom in fla

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
z3 roadster
I am blown away. But don't worry,oldcarman, I will compensate handsomely. I must say tho,this forum feels more like good 'family and friends' than any place I have EVER spent time on. truly. All you guys are something else!!

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
We're a very social lot Tom, I've no idea what postage will cos from the UK but I could get them posted to you from Kissimmee in February if you're not in a huge rush to have them.

Tony.

tom in fla

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
z3 roadster
hi tony sure that would work. Feb is just around the corner. i have gone this long [what, 2 months?] without them. I would like to 'compensate' for them tho. let me know how to do that.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
hi tony sure that would work. Feb is just around the corner. i have gone this long [what, 2 months?] without them. I would like to 'compensate' for them tho. let me know how to do that.
Well if you send Andy @spurs fan in a coupe a private message he can post them to me near Lincoln and you can pay him for the postage. I'll send him my postal address and you can let me have your address in Port St. Lucie and I'll get Shirl to post them on to you when she's at our place in February, bound to be cheaper that trans Atlantic postage I reckon.

Tony.

tom in fla

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
z3 roadster
I think I private messaged Andy and he has my info. [not sure about private messaging. is that like starting a conversation?] how do you want to do this,Andy?

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I think I private messaged Andy and he has my info. [not sure about private messaging. is that like starting a conversation?] how do you want to do this,Andy?
Yes that's right pm is a conversation.

Tony.

spurs fan in a coupe

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
3rd Party Trader
I thinking the shorter blacker ones you're after?

Will get a postage price, doubt a parcel this small would cost much more to US, but will check.

Cheers

Andy
DSC_4249.JPG

tom in fla

Dedicated Member
American Zeds
Model of Z
z3 roadster
I don't think any of those are short enough. they look like that bag o' shafts [item #4 on oem page] but none look like the ones I need