Sean d progress thread

g8jka

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 - 2000 2.8 Roadster
I've got the same kit but with rattle rings ready to do mine, @gookah has got a spare vanos unit so we can do it and then do a straight swap. Then he will have my old vanos and do his. Hopefully it's fairly straight forward like the guides show and makes some improvement.

gookah

Zorg Guru (IV)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Z3
I've got the same kit but with rattle rings ready to do mine, @gookah has got a spare vanos unit so we can do it and then do a straight swap. Then he will have my old vanos and do his. Hopefully it's fairly straight forward like the guides show and makes some improvement.
I already part stripped it ready.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Sean, I'd still consider a transplant rather than a different car, just sits so well mate.

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Sean, I'd still consider a transplant rather than a different car, just sits so well mate.
@Grumps is bang on @Sean d, the effort that's gone into your motor to transform it is biblical. Just my view.

Mint

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
East Anglian Crew
Model of Z
2.2 & 3.0 Sport

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
We are good to you Sean, you should realise that we only want what is best for you, and best for you is a nice 2.8 or 3.0 in your car!

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
As you know Sean I absolutely loved this car but then you stuck a HT on and made it even better IMHO!! Hope to see it in person!! JIM

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Another job ticked off the list today, VANOS seals all done, the originals where very loose so they where well past their best, not had a proper test run yet but it seems that the obvious difference is that it now comes alive at 2000rpm rather then 4000rpm, and just seems more responsive, apparently the seals will not be fully bedded in for 250 miles so I should see it improve
vanos2.jpg
vanos1.jpg

andyglym

Shiny Dust Caps Make Your Zed Go Faster.
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
Another job ticked off the list today, VANOS seals all done, the originals where very loose so they where well past their best, not had a proper test run yet but it seems that the obvious difference is that it now comes alive at 2000rpm rather then 4000rpm, and just seems more responsive, apparently the seals will not be fully bedded in for 250 miles so I should see it improve
View attachment 74218 View attachment 74219
Nice work mate. I noticed a difference when mine were done.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Seems to be a job that's well worth doing Sean, sounds like it's made a difference already :thumbsup:.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Seems to be a job that's well worth doing Sean, sounds like it's made a difference already :thumbsup:.
Its also a piece of cake mate, I didn't do it though as I bottled it but watched a mechanic mate and it really was easy, Next on the list is the inlet manifold upgrade and then cat back

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8
Its also a piece of cake mate, I didn't do it though as I bottled it but watched a mechanic mate and it really was easy, Next on the list is the inlet manifold upgrade and then cat back
Looks a scary job to me Sean :nailbiting:.
Can't wait to hear it once you've done the manifold and got the exhaust fitted.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto

Eddie Zedder

Zorg Guru (III)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.0
Glad you finally got around to doing your seals Sean, you will notice the difference.