Sean d progress thread

Antm72

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Hi Sean i searched on here and found best practice was to remove all the mounting covers which if you have pulled the lining there will be off, loosen all the mounts and fit the roof, loose fit the front bolts and align the front and nip the front mounts leaving the mount bolts still loose.
The rears have alittle side to side movement on the rear mount its self but not much the roof should align perfectly with the b pillars and the over hang each side the same.
The height of the rear is adjusted by the pins in the hardtop its self there is a castlated nut undo this and you can alter the height. It needs to sit on the corners at about 6.5/7 mm i think its some daft figure like 6.2mm. I cut some spacers and its pretty close make sure once set it all bolts down fully then tighten all points.
Its not a hard job but it can be fiddly getting at the mounts but a man if you capability will breeze it :thumbsup:

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Hi Sean i searched on here and found best practice was to remove all the mounting covers which if you have pulled the lining there will be off, loosen all the mounts and fit the roof, loose fit the front bolts and align the front and nip the front mounts leaving the mount bolts still loose.
The rears have alittle side to side movement on the rear mount its self but not much the roof should align perfectly with the b pillars and the over hang each side the same.
The height of the rear is adjusted by the pins in the hardtop its self there is a castlated nut undo this and you can alter the height. It needs to sit on the corners at about 6.5/7 mm i think its some daft figure like 6.2mm. I cut some spacers and its pretty close make sure once set it all bolts down fully then tighten all points.
Its not a hard job but it can be fiddly getting at the mounts but a man if you capability will breeze it :thumbsup:
Thanks for that mate, all sorted now and roof painted

hardtop1.jpg

Jjim

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
1.9 Roadster
Looks like another great job. Can’t wait to see it on the car :thumbsup:

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Rear windo
Really keen to hear about the rear window, ours needs resealing as it weeps in the top corner.
It was a pig to get out mate, the angles around the tight bends where a pain in the ass, it took us almost an hour with a cheese wire

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
I'm all excited mate, I have a little job to do on the rear bumper as well, I am doing the cut out shape at the bottom in grey
Oh yeah? Expecting another cut out then eh, eh? ;)

Tony.

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
I'm all excited mate, I have a little job to do on the rear bumper as well, I am doing the cut out shape at the bottom in grey
I'm all excited Lol!!

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
Everyone knows I absolutely love your car but can't wait to see it with the HT on it!! Will be the absolute best out there in my opinion!!!! JIM

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Do we have to wait till weekend ?;)

Tony.