Sean d progress thread

littlefeller

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
The M44 Massive
tested mine at err lets say about 5000 rpm in a particular gear:) i dont think they get that much buffeting and as your using the same attachment method as me it should be fine, looking good..

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
tested mine at err lets say about 5000 rpm in a particular gear:) i dont think they get that much buffeting and as your using the same attachment method as me it should be fine, looking good..
I was messing around the back end today and inadvertently pulled the blocker out, its now removable, pops in and out a treat, bonus :thumbsup:

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
They look the dog's Sean, love that look! :thumbsup:

Tony.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
They look the dog's Sean, love that look! :thumbsup:

Tony.
Wow, thanks Tony, I love them but not sure what the feed back would be like, I still keep thinking that I maybe should have done them gold. :confused::confused: I think the eibachs will improve the look, they should be here next week.

t-tony

Zorg Expert (II)
Supporter
British Zeds
#ZedShed
Model of Z
E89 Z4 23i Auto
Absolutely agree on the springs mate, after seeing Lee's and Gaz's cars the sooner I get some on the better but the wheels themselves couldn't look any better I reckon.:)

Tony.

DavidM

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Roadster
The Eibachs will do the trick - the car will sit nicely - that colour is so vivid!!:)

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
The Eibachs will do the trick - the car will sit nicely - that colour is so vivid!!:)
Thanks @DavidM to be honest the colour bothers me a bit in the fact that it is too bright and not in context with the period, as you probably know I had a real battle when it came to choosing the colour and wanted something that would stand out but not too much in your face, I think it looks better in the flesh and not quite as vivid as on camera.

Bozzy

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
3 2.8

oldcarman

Zorg Guru (V)
Supporter
Canadian Zeds
The M44 Massive
Model of Z
1.9 M44
It probably would have been even more vivid in orange @Sean d and I think the blue is very much in the time frame as I have a 92 Ford Explorer SUV in almost the same colour so you're actually behind the times!! lol. JIM

Grumps

Always happy, apart from when I'm not 🤬
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z4 e85 2.5i
Looking good @Sean d. I think you've got the wind deflector bang on mate.

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Had a delivery today, perfect timing as the tyres where also fitted today, Got tomorrow off so I will be fitting the wheels, shame about the bloody weather
13102712_10206302624472957_5303245024132652686_n.jpg

Sean d

Zorg Expert (I)
Supporter
British Zeds
Model of Z
Z3 2.8
Thats it, they are finally on but I am a bit concerned about the tram lining, had a run on some b roads and it really doesn't feel safe at higher speed, the guy I bought them off said his Z4 was really bad with the falken tyres, anyone else heard of this with Falkens
za.jpg
za7.jpg

5harp3y

Zorg Guru (IV)
British Zeds
Model of Z
ive never had a problem with falkens.

they wheels look spot on, car just needs to be lowered to make the most of the look

Dino D

Zorg Guru (V)
British Zeds
Model of Z
2.8 Manual
I've had Falken but the 452's, they were fine but not a great tyre, just good. Like the Nexens N8000 I have now, they good but not great like a Michelin I'd say but certainly neither have felt dangerous.

I will say that when then Nexens where new they felt very slippy initially. A donut or two and some very hard braking soon took the slippery stuff and they felt very good thereafter.

I think part of what you are feeling is also increased sensitivity from the bigger wheels and lower profile tyres too - the jump from 16's to 18's very significant I find. It's a very different ride from 'balloon' sidewalks to the 'rubber bands' on the 18's.
In the dry I prefer the 18's for sure but in the wet/b roads the smaller wheels win for me, the price we pay for good looks!